Telluride is in the southern Rocky Mountains approximately 100 miles (160 km) from Four Corners, the intersection of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. Telluride is home to the Telluride Ski Resort, and home of an independent film festival.
A remote boomtown established at an elevation of 8,745 ft (2438 m) in the heyday of Colorado's gold and silver mining era, the Town of Telluride was incorporated in 1878.
If you want to fly in commercially you'll have to fly into Montrose Regional Airport. Air Carriers who fly into Montrose include Alaska, Allegiant Air, American, JetBlue, and United. Private flights can also be arranged through many of the national charter companies, including Avanti Air, Flex Jet, and Net Jets.
- 1 Telluride Regional Airport (TEX IATA) (5 miles from Telluride, 6 miles from Mountain Village), ☏ . Boutique Air offers seasonal flights from Cortez and Denver. Denver Air Connection offers year-round flights from Denver.
- Montrose Regional Airport (67 miles from Telluride; a 1½-hour drive, depending on weather).
Public transportation abounds in Telluride and Mountain Village. It is recommended not to drive to most locations as there is ample free bus service around town, as well as a free Gondola service between Telluride and Mountain Village.
Hertz and Alamo/National have rental cars available in Mountain Village.
- Telluride Historical Museum, 201 West Gregory Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Skiing. The ski resort has a good mix of beginner, intermediate as well as some of the steepest advanced ski you can want. And it's never crowded!
- Telluride Outside. Adventure guide service since 1984. Fly Fishing, 4WD tours, whitewater rafting and mountain bike tours.
- Telluride Sports. This chain has 11 locations in Telluride and Mountain Village, including 7 slopeside locations, and it supplies winter and summer sporting equipment.
- La Cocina de Luz. Mexican food bar.
- Baked in Telluride, 127 South Fir. Pizza.
- Cindy Bread, 68 Society Dr (Lawson Hill). A premier sandwich experience that tops some New York delis.
- Hotel Madeline, 568 Mountain Village Blvd, ☏ . Full service luxury hotel offering condo rentals, a spa, and facilities for meetings and weddings. From $585.
- Hotel Columbia Telluride, 301 West San Juan Ave (Across the street from the Gondola in downtown Telluride.), ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. There is an on-site restaurant and some suites are pet-friendly.
- Hotel Telluride, 199 North Cornet St, toll-free: . This hotel offers ski lodging, mountain retreat and spa facilities, wedding venues and year-round vacation packages.
- Mountain Lodge at Telluride, 457 Mountain Village Blvd, toll-free: . Premier ski lodge hotel in Mountain Village featuring condominiums & luxury cabins for vacation rentals with facilities for conferences and weddings.
- The Peaks Resort & Golden Door Spa, 136 Country Club Dr., toll-free: . Located amid the 14,000-foot Rocky Mountain peaks towering above the town.
- Town Park. Campsites and RV spots available. Cost is $12-16/night. Hot showers available, $2 for 5 minutes.
- The Victorian Inn, 401 West Pacific Ave, toll-free: . Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 10AM. A block away from the Historic Main Street and the free Gondola, this hotel has large 275-325 square foot rooms with kitchenettes, a suite and a cozy cottage house. A free daily continental breakfast served every morning from 8-10AM, daily maid service and on-site parking. Other facilities include free Wi-Fi, outdoor hot tub, dry sauna (winter only), BBQ pits, and bike racks. $89-350.
- Welcome To Telluride, ☏ . A vacation rental management company, offering homes and condominiums in Telluride and Mountain Village.
- Elevation Vacations, LLC, 152A Society Dr, ☏ , toll-free: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Vacation rental managers that provide private home and condominium rentals in Telluride and Mountain Village.
- Visit Colorado's Wine Country. Colorado is home to over 70 wineries and its own indigenous vineyards. Wine lovers can enjoy several scenic day trips from Telluride to many of the small towns with tasting rooms and grapes. These lovely little communities include Montrose, Palisade, Paonia, and Hotchkiss, as well as the city of Grand Junction.
- Visit Ouray. This lovely town has natural hot springs, fine shopping and restaurants. It is only a one-hour drive along the San Juan Skyway. In the fall, golden aspen leaves shimmer on the drive to Ouray.