The main language used is Bahasa Melayu (Malay). English may be understood by some of the locals but not much.
Transfers (approx. 1 hour) can be arranged with any dive shop and at most mainland resorts.
Diving and snorkeling
Simply the best diving in Peninsula Malaysia. To Dive in Tenggol, it is generally preferred that a diver be advance certified, as most of the popular dive sites are deeper with current. Divers can enjoy clear warm water from the south between the months of March to October. By saying that, one does not mean these dive sites are not divable by open water certified divers. Other than a few, most dive sites do provide great shallow dives with beautiful coral and plenty of marine life with a depth shallower than 60ft/ 18m. All divers need is to dive with a qualified Dive Master or Instructor that know the local conditions well, for safe entry and exit.
- [dead link] Mr Dive Malaysia, Tenggol Island Beach Resort. PADI courses with Australian instructors.
- Scuba Explorers, Tenggol Island Beach Resort & Tenggol Resort. NAUI Pro scuba center, dive services by qualified dive masters and dive instructors, for beginners to dive masters. Other services include snorkeling, air fills, equipment services and equipment rentals for diving and snorkeling.
Relax amidst the white sandy beach which is truly recommended for the fine sand. Beaches such as those of Tenggol Island are best when they are situated off the mainland.
Visitors are advised to prearrange, especially day trippers, as resorts usually do not provide food for non resort guests, especially during public holidays weekends when the resorts are full.
Water is mainly ground water and it is only good for washing and bathing. It unsafe to drink unless it is pre-filter and boiled. Most of the resorts or at least one of them bring in drinking water from the main land.
There are basically 3 resorts:
- Aqua Tenggol Resort also known as Tenggol Island Resort, Tengol Island and Spa Resort, and others depending which agents you are booking from. 16 chalets (twin and triple sharing).
- Tenggol Island Beach Resort. 7 chalets (twin, triple and quad sharing).
- Tenggol Resort - 7 chalets (twin and triple sharing).