North America > United States of America > Pacific Northwest > Oregon > Mt. Hood and Columbia Gorge > The DallesJump to navigation Jump to search
The Dalles is located at the intersection of Interstate 84 (which follows the Columbia River) and US Route 197 which heads south from the Dalles to meet US Route 97.
- 1 Fort Dalles Museum, 500 W 15th St (at Garrison St), ☏ . Old military artifacts and medical equipment.
- 2 The Dalles Dam, ☏ . A hydroelectric dam, which produces enough electricity to serve a city the size of Seattle. Tour and Visitor's Center.
- 3 Columbia Hills State Park (On Washington State Route 14 at milepost 85, 9 miles west of Wishram, WA), ☏ . 06:30 h to dusk, April 1 - October 31. A Washington state park on the Columbia River's north bank, under Horsethief Butte. A short ways north-east of The Dalles. Previously known as Horsethief Falls State Park.
- 4 Columbia Gorge Discovery Center & Museum, 5000 Discovery Dr, ☏ . Daily 9AM-5PM. General $9, Seniors $7, Ages 6-16 $5, Ages 5 & under free.
- 5 Old St. Peter's Landmark, 405 Lincoln St, ☏ . A former Catholic church built in Gothic Revival style, and saved from demolition in 1971.
- National Neon Sign Museum, 200 E 3rd St, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cliff Jumping
- 1 Cottonwood Canyon State Park, ☏ .
- Red Wagon, ☏ . place to buy stuff really cool.
- Casa El Mirador. It is an authentic Mexican restaurant that is one of the best places in The Dalles to go for a meal or a refreshing drink at their bar.
- Best Western River City Inn, 112 W 2nd St, ☏ , toll-free: , fax: .
- Motel 6, 2500 W 6th St, ☏ , fax: .
|Routes through The Dalles|
|Portland ← Hood River ←||W E||→ Jct N S → Boardman → Boise|
|END ← Jct W ←||N S||→ Dufur → Madras via|