Lot of places to visit around Theni. Theni is the place where you can stay and catch buses/ cars to go around the places. First District in tamilnadu(india) got a three international accreditation certificates – Quality Management System (ISO 9001), Environment Management System (ISO 14001) and Occupational Health and Safety Management (ISO 18001).
- Alagarsamy Temple, Gudalur. Very old temple.
- Kodaikanal Hill Station.
- 1 Kumbakarrai Falls.
- Munnar Hill station.
- 2 Sodhuparai dam.
- 3 Suruli Falls.
- 4 Vaigai Dam. This is a famous dam across Vaigai river. Built across the majestic River Vaigai near Andipatti, the dam with a height of 111 feet can store 71 feet of water. It is 7 km from Andipatti, 14 km from Theni and 70 km from Madurai. This dam was opened on January 21, 1959. The dam is unique for the sylvan garden around it. It is a popular picnic spot in this area.
- 5 Veerappa Ayyanar Kovil.
- 6 Vellimalai (Silver Mountain), Meghamalai. A densely forested place replete with natural flora and fauna is located 6.5 km from Theni in the Varushanadu hill ranges.
- Kurangani. Kurangani is a hill station atop the Western Ghats accessed from Bodinayakkanur in Tamil Nadu, India. Tamil films like Pithamagan, Avan Ivan, Mynaa, Kumki, Vettai, Settai, Dheena, Yaa Yaa and Sundhara pandiyan were all shot in this location.
- Megamalai Falls
Good shopping spot for silk sarees. Edamal Street is a street where you can find lot of saree shops.
- Hotel Everest.
- Hotel Theni International.
- Maruthi MulitCusine.
- Nandini Mulitcusine (near Cheran fun park).
- Hotel new pandian family restaurant A/C (hotel).
- Hotel Sivas Regency (Madurai Road, next to bus stand), ☏ . Describes itself as having pleasant, quiet accommodations with a variety of amenities.
- Hotel Western Ghats, 78-A,N,R.T Road,Theni, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Three-star hotel with roof top restaurant, swimming pool, gym and bar.
- Periyar National Park, 63 km from Theni, is an important tourist attraction.