Tianshui (天水; Tiānshuǐ) is a city in Gansu Province.
Tianshui consists of two main area with an industrial area in between. The eastern area is called Beidao and the western area is called Qincheng. Longcheng Lu connects both sections which lie 18 km apart.
- 1 Tianshui South railway station (天水南站). A major stop on the high-speed line from Xi'an to Lanzhou, Xining, and Urumqi. Also has high-speed sleeper train service to Shanghai.
- 2 Tianshui station (天水火车站, Tiānshuǐ Huǒchēzhàn). Station for low-speed sleeper trains. Destinations include Lanzhou (4 hours), Urumqi (28-35 hours), Xian (4 hours), Xining (8 hours), and Yinchuan (14 hours).
Long Distance Bus Station is at Xinhua Road, Qincheng.
- Gangu - takes about 2 hours
- Lanzhou - takes about 4 hours
- Linxia - takes about 10 hours
- Pingliang - takes about 8 hours
- Xian - takes about 5-6 hours
- 3 Tianshui Maijishan Airport (天水麦积山机场). A small airport with limited service to major domestic hubs, centrally located.
- 1 Taizi mosque (台子清真寺). Mosque located in Da Zhong Zhong Lu, with Halaal food available nearby.
- 2 Maijishan National Park (麦积山). 08:00-17:00. Nearly 200 ancient Buddhist grottoes on a vertical mountain cliff, well-preserved but be prepared to climb some stairs. 90¥.
- 3 Yuquan Temple (玉泉观). 08:00-18:00 April-October, 08:30-17:30 November-March. Ancient Taoist temple overlooking Tianshui, dating from the Yuan dynasty. It is still possible to drink from the spring, for a donation. 20¥.
- 4 Fuxi Temple (伏羲庙). 08:00-18:00. Ancient Taoist temple dedicated to the inventor of the trigram and a number of other mathematical systems, games, and tricks. The city museum in the back is also well worth visiting 20¥.
- 5 Tianshui City Museum (天水市博物馆). 09:00-17:00, closed Mondays. Museum with an extensive collection of ancient pottery from the area. Free.
- Antique Market, Jiefang Road (Under Central Square).
- Immortals' Cliffs. Temples built under the shelter of an enormous overhanging cliff.
- Tianshui Lacquer Carvings. Decent prices on lacquarware compared to the rest of China. Bargain hard and you may be a winner!
- Hongqiao Hotel (Hongqiao Binguan) (Eastern edge of train station parking lot, Beidao District), ☏ .
- Tianyao Hotel (Tianyao Zhaodaisuo), Minzhu Road, Qincheng District, ☏ .
- Maiji Hotel (Maiji Dajiudian) (Right side of train station as you exit the station, Beidao District), ☏ .
- Youju Hotel (Youju Binguan), Central Square, Qincheng District, ☏ .
- Gangu and Great Statue Mountain - temple complex that hugs the ridge overlooking a small tourist-free town
|Routes through Tianshui|
|Lanzhou ←||W E||→ Baoji → Xian|