Tigre[dead link] is a city near Buenos Aires, in Buenos Aires province, Argentina. Located between some of the rivers of the Paraná Delta, Tigre is a popular weekend destination from Buenos Aires and a great location for seeing the delta.
The name "Tigre" comes from the jaguars that were once hunted here.
An alternative is the scenic Tren de la Costa, which leaves from Maipú. If you're coming from Retiro Station, take the Retiro Station Mitre Line, usually to platforms 3 or 4 to the Bartolomé Mitre station (last station of this branch) where you can make a connection with the Tren de la Costa. Once you arrive at the station you must cross the pedestrian bridge over Avenida Maipú, which leads to the Maipú station of Tren de la Costa, where you can take the train to Delta station in the town of Tigre.
- Line 60 (Buenos Aires) from Constitución, Ciudad de Buenos Aires
- Line 343 (Buenos Aires) from Liniers, Buenos Aires
- Line 21 (Buenos Aires) from Puente La Noria and Liniers
- Lines 720 y 721 from General Pacheco or Don Torcuato
- Line 722
- Take a boat ride through the Paraná Delta, ideal on a sunny day.
- 1 Parque de la Costa, Vivanco 1509, ☏ . Sa-Su 11:00-18:30. A quaint amusement park, but also where you can look out at the Lujan River while you're doing inverted loops on the Boomerang coaster or just hanging out on the Vuelta Al Mundo ferris wheel.
- 2 Trilenium Casino, Perú 1385. daily 11:00-04:00.
- Teatro Niní Marshall.
- 1 Puerto de Frutos, Sarmiento 160, ☏ . F-Su 10:00-19:00, M-Th 10:00-18:00. A crafts fair/open air market on the riverside where you can eat, shop, and sightsee, something like a fisherman's wharf but on the river.
- Antique shops
The city has a variety of cuisines:
- Restaurante Las Glorias, Av Cazón 1011 Te 51974863
- Pizzería Los Isleños, Puerto de frutos TE 4731-0326
There are also fast food restaurants such as McDonalds and Burger King available.
- 1 Reserva La Juana, Rio Carabelas y arroyo Toledo, Islas del Delta, ☏ . Superior Double, Standard Quadruple and Superior Quadruple all equipped with fan, heater, television and mini-bar. Facilities and services are Private beach area, Outdoor swimming pool and Water sports facilities. From ARS 700.00.
- Buenos Aires
- Isla Martín García – a quiet, peaceful island in the Río de la Plata featuring beautiful nature, a few old buildings, and Argentina's only dry land border with Uruguay! Cacciola Viajes offers day tours [dead link] and overnight trips [dead link] leaving from the international pier at Lavalle 520.