North America > United States of America > Mid-Atlantic > New York (state) > Southern Tier > Tioga County (New York)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Apalachin — in the southeastern section of the Town of Owego
- 2 Newark Valley —
- 3 Owego — a town the straddles the Susquehanna River
- 4 Waverly — part of the Penn-York Valley, a group of four contiguous communities, including South Waverly, Sayre, and Athens (all in Pennsylvania), with a combined population near 30,000
Tioga County's name is derived from an American Indian word meaning "at the forks" describing a meeting place.
- Tioga County Tourism, Visitor’s Center 200-204 Front Street, Suite 105-106, Owego, ☏ , toll-free: . M-F 9AM-5PM.
- Tioga Downs Casino Resort, 2384 W River Rd, Nichols, toll-free: . Hotel, spa, casino. Daily 9AM-3AM.
- Skyview Drags. A 1/8-mile IHRA dragstrip near Owego. Frequently hosts old-style dragsters, funny cars, and rocket cars.
- Shangri-La 2 Raceway. A 1/2-mile, cement, oval track near Owego.
- The Links at Hiawatha. A premier public golf course between Binghamton and Owego. It is designed to reflect British traditions in golf.
- Strawberry Festival. In Owego, it draws visitors from miles around for some of the best strawberries to be had.