Nearest Airport is located at Coimbatore (45km), well connected with Chennai, Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. A couple of International destinations is also served by this airport. Take a cab from the airport to reach Tirupur. One-way drop-off into Tirupur would cost about ₹1200/-. Best bet would be to hire a cab from a pre-paid counter inside the arrival terminal.
The Tiruppur railway station is fully electrified and double-tracked Salem - Coimbatore broad gauge line and is well connected by trains. If you prefer the train, 2 to 3 daily services are available - an Intercity express in the morning and a couple of services in the night. Make sure you book your tickets in advance as Bangalore-Tirupur seats are always full. The train travel will take only 45 mins to travel between Coimbatore and Tiruppur.
There are a lot of buses and well connected by bus services to all major towns and cities across Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. The city has two major bus stands Old bus stand and New Bus stand. If you are coming from Bangalore, get a bus from KPN Travels (Air conditioned Sleeper service, as well as comfortable Volvo services, are available) or Gokulraj Travels or Sharma Transport. Coming here from Chennai is much better, compared to coming from Bangalore. Several bus and train services are available and are more frequent. However, advance booking is advised as Tirupur attracts a lot of business and general travellers.
- Sasi briyani hotel, #10 Ramnagar First street one-way, ☏ , . The restaurant is clean and neat. The food has really good taste. Quick service.
- Hotel Vinayaga Excellency, Near Railway Station, ☏ .
- City Hotels A/C, Palladam Road, ☏ .
- Maniam Classic, Kumaran Road (About half a kilometer from Railway Station), ☏ . A nice and cozy place to stay. Preferred mostly by business travelers to Tirupur. This hotel is located on the busy Kumaran Road, which is a convenience and also a big nuisance due to non-stop traffic. This hotel provides complementary breakfast. ₹1200 + Tax.
- Gayathri Hotels, 82(2),Kangeyam Road, Tirupur (Opp. Velan hotel), ☏ . Check-in: 24 Hrs. Gayathri Hotels is a nice place for business/leisure travelers. They allow 24 hours check-out. A decent restaurant is attached, however no bar is on property. Rooms are new and clean. 1600+Tax.