Tochigi is served by JR Railways and Tobu Railway, both of which have stops at its main station, Tochigi Station. The JR Ryomo Line runs through Tochigi from Oyama (two stops away) to Takasaki in Gunma Prefecture. There are three JR Stations (Tochigi, Ohirashita, and Iwafune Stations) within city limits. Tobu Railway has two lines that run through the city from Shin-Tochigi Station, the Tobu Nikko Line, running from Miyashiro (Tobu-Dobutsu-Koen) to Nikko (Tobu-Nikko), and the Utsunomiya Line, which starts here and ends at Tobu-Utsunomiya Station in Utsunomiya. Although the Tobu Nikko Line technically begins in Miyashiro, many trains actually come from further south, in Asakusa, which makes getting here much more convenient for those coming from Tokyo.
The Tohoku Expressway passes through the city. The historic district is located just 3km from the Tochigi Interchange (which itself is within city limits).
- Nissan Factory. Visit the factory when Nissans and Infinitis are made (including the GT-R).
- Sano - A town known for its ramen and family-friendly parks
- Ashikaga - Best known for its wisteria abroad, but also known for its historic school
- Utsunomiya - Prefectural capital, as well as the unofficial gyoza capital of the nation
- Nikko - A cultural and natural treasure trove with World Heritage Sites, multiple waterfalls, and relaxing hot springs
- Maebashi - capital of Gunma Prefecture
|Routes through Tochigi|
|Utsunomiya ← Kanuma ←||N S||→ Sano → Tokyo|