The fishing town has now become a popular weekend and holiday destination for Colombian tourists, particularly those from Medellín. Activities in the area include day trips to visit the Islas de San Bernardo. This is a beautiful collection of pristine Caribbean islands, one of which, Isla Palma contains an impressive Ecological Park. Nearby land attractions include the Volcan de Lodo or Mud volcano of San Antero.
At the east end of Tolú there are 1 frequent buses. with Brasilia, Caribe Express and Rapido Ochoa. From the bus station it is common to use a bicycle-rikshaw for COP$2,000 per person to anywhere in town.
- from Cartagena: COP$30,000, 3 hours
- from Santa Marta: COP$45,000, 6 hr
- from Montería: COP$18,000, 2 hr
- from Bogota: COP$120,000, 19 hr
- from Medellin: COP$70,000, 10 hr
- 1 Islas de San Bernardo. Most common tourist attraction is the day trip to the Islands of San Bernardo to see the beautiful archipelago. Trips start in the morning at the beach. COP$35,000.
- 2 Party bicycle rikshaw. At the beach promenade you can hire a party rikshaw with loud music for up to 10 people. The prices are affordable and even western music is being played if you ask.
- Rain Forest Walks.
- 1 Exito Supermarket. There is a large exito supermarket in the south of the central Plaza Pedro de Heredia.
- 2 Bancolombia. Next to the Exito Supermarket with ATM. The other ATM in town is the bus station.
- 1 [formerly dead link] Villa Babilla, Calle 20 No 3 - 40. German-owned hostel. COP$40,000.
- 2 Hostal El Velero, Avenida 1A No. 9 - 31, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. The modern hotel is on the beach-front next to the marina. The rooms are spacious but there is no breakfast available. On the ground floor of the new building is a pool and veranda with loungers. Beautiful sunset views are guaranteed. COP$90,000 for a double.