Tonk is a town in Rajasthan.
Tonk is approximately 100 km by road from Jaipur. Tonk can be reached only by road. The closest railway station is Banasthali Niwai railway station, which is 38 km (24 mi) north of the town.
- Arabic & Persian Research Inst. This institute houses a superb collection of Arabic and Persian manuscripts, some of them lavishly ornamented with gold, rubies, emeralds and pearls.
- Sunheri Kothi (Mansion of Gold). The golden mansion is the focal point of Tonk. A fairly ordinary monument from outside, the interior is richly ornamented with stained glass, mirrors, stucco and gilt. Other interesting buildings are those built to accommodate the British officers.
- 1 Ranthambore National Park. Former hunting ground of Maharaja of Jaipur. In 1955, it was declared a game sanctuary; in 1980, it became a national park. With the commissioning of Project Tiger in 1972, it was included in the project.
Tonk's famous shopping market is Takhta . There are many shops for readymade dresses for ladies and kids.
- Rameshwar Sweets Namkeen, Ghosiyan ka Mohalla, Panch Batti. Opens at 8:30 AM.
- Keshar Palace (at New Bus Stand on the Jaipur road), ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. 2-star hotel. Parking is free here. ₹759.
Regular bus service is available from Tonk to the neighbouring cities and towns of Tonk. Several buses of Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation (RSRTC) are available from Tonk to various places like Delhi, Jaipur, Ajmer, Kota, Bundi. There are many private buses and taxis available from nearby places to Tonk.
- Jaipur- The capital of Rajasthan, also known as the pink city.