With an average temperature of 18 °C (64 °F) and just 54 days of rain per year. The city is sheltered from the mainland and sunshine all year round on the Costa del Sol. You can also spend the winter here. Offers for this are also available.
It is 30 minutes from Malaga Airport with easy access from the A7. Torrox has 9 km of clean and attractive beaches, where its bathers will find many facilities such as the hire of sunbeds and parasols.
Torrox is a town of many festivals and traditions which are celebrated throughout the year. From the austere and moving Semana Santa in April-May to the very famous Fiesta de las Migas which is celebrated on the Sunday before Christmas day.
It is divided into two districts, namely Torrox-Costa, the district directly on the coast, which is the home of holidaymakers, and Torrox Pueblo, the actual village where you can enjoy the original life can still feel a little here on the coast.
The nearest airport is Málaga Airport . which can be reached by car in about half an hour. A bus line also connects the airport with Torrox.
The nearest long-distance train station is in Malaga. A connection to the suburban train network of Malaga is planned, but should be put on hold due to the economic difficulties in this region. The long-distance train station in Malaga can be reached by bus, as Malaga's central bus station is also located here.
The bus goes to Malaga and in the other direction to Nerja . The central bus station is in the Torrox-Costa district on the N-340a. The two city lines from Torrox also stop here:
- Line 1: Torrox Pueblo - Torrox Costa - El Morche
- Line 2: Torrox Pueblo - Torrox Costa - El Morche - Torrox Park - Torrox Costa - Torrox
Torrox is on the Autopista del Mediterráneo A-7 ( Symbol: AS km 285). On it you can comfortably drive to Malaga and east towards Nerja. The MA-7207 leads north to the Sierras de Tejeda Natural Park .
Torrox is not very big. The districts can be easily explored on foot. Two local bus lines (lines 1 and 2) connect the two districts and El Morche with each other. The times indicated on the boards are the departure time at the start of the bus and not the departure time at the bus stop where you are standing. There is a connection to the higher-level bus network at the central bus station.
- Caviclum (Roman Ruins), At the end of the promenade. The archaeological área of the Torrox lighthouse (Roman Ruins).
- The most important sight is the very long beach promenade. It stretches over the entire length of the beach and offers everything a beach promenade has to offer. You can find everything here, from mini supermarkets to snack bars and restaurants.
- To the east of Torrox there is a lighthouse and a viewing platform. From here you have a beautiful view over the entire coast around the city.
- Torrox beach (Torrox Beach). Beaches, Torrox has spacious and clean beaches with number of services available.
- Sativa Grow Shop, Carretera de Torrox 29 Edificio Conejito, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. 10:30 to 14:00 and 17:00 to 20:30. Grow shop, CBD Oil, cannabis seeds, parafernalia, pipes, vaporizer, ecigarret, e-liquid, CBD weed.
The restaurants have adjusted themselves very much to the guests of the city and therefore offer all kinds of national cuisine in addition to local cuisine. Whether Italian, Chinese or Greek, you can find everything you can expect in a holiday resort. It is a bit more original in Torrox-Pueblo, but here too the cuisine has already adapted to the many holidaymakers. On the beach promenade there are a few restaurants that grill sardines on skewers over an open fire. You shouldn't miss it.
- La Mar Chica, Paseo Marítimo Ferrara Torrox, S/N, ☏ . Speciality restaurant with traditional Torrox and Spanish cuisine.
- Apartments Euromar Playa, Av de las Palmeras, 39, 29793 Torrox Costa, ☏ . A nice touristic complex in front of the beach.
- Hotel Happynn, Ctra. Málaga-Almería.Torrox Costa - El Morche, ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 18:00. Nice hotel on the sea front. €45-98.
- 1 Hotel Santa Rosa, Carretera Málaga-Almería, km 125, ☏ . Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 18:00. Hotel Santa Rosa is a small but welcoming hotel on the sea front. €45-98.
- Fuerte Calaceite (Self Catering Apartments), N340, km286.1 (N340a), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. New luxury apartments with direct sea view. Frontline beach high quality holiday apartments with 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms. Spacious apartments with luxury equipment such as dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, wi-fi connection etc
- Tourist Office +34 952530225, +34 952532155
- Emergency Health Centre +34 952538271
- Taxis +34 952530352
- Fire Brigade +34 952500991
- Guardia Civil +34 952538008
- Local Torrox Police +34 952539828, +34 666506966
- The post office in Torrox-Publo is on Calle Calzada, and in Torrox Costa on Avenida de Andalucía (N-340a) 4th ☏