Busses from Trabzon run every half hour and take about and hour and a half.
The Gumusavadi company does Trabzon-Torul in an hour and ten minutes for 7.00 TL
From Gumushane, you can take a dolmush for 3.50 TL
- Karaca Cave (Karaca Mağarası)
- Village of Gümüştuğ (Gümüştuğ Köyü)
- Torul Castle (Torul Kalesi)
- Torul Dam (Torul Barajı)
- Lake Limni (Limmi Gölü)
- Three Lakes (Üç Göller) (in Gümüştuğ)
- Five Lakes (Beş Göller) (in Gümüştuğ)
- Yılanlı Plateau (Yılanlı Yaylası) (in Gümüştuğ)
Local agricultural products include:
- Ballı Sarma (sweet desert with pestil,honey and nuts )
- Apple (Elma)
- Apple tea (Elma Çayı)
- Rose hip (Kuşburnu)
- Rose hip tea (Kuş Burnu Çayı)
- Home-made butter (Ev yapımı tereyağı)
- Çökelik (a kind of cheese)
- Deleme (a kind of cheese)
- Rose-hip syrup (Kuşburnu pekmezi)
- Mulberry syrup (Dut pekmezi)
Local delicacies include lamb chop (kuzu pirzola), and Turkish pizza with minced meat/cheese/yolk (kıymalı/peynirli/yumurtalı pide). If you are up in the villages don't forget to taste siron and trout (alabalık).
If you are in town on Monday or Friday, also taste lamb döner (kuzu döner), which is only available twice a week.
The Kale Palace Hotel is near the bus station.