Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Toyama - the prefectural capital
- 2 Takaoka - beautiful city-by-the-sea and home to the Takaoka Great Buddha Statue (高岡大仏 Takaoka Daibutsu)
- 3 Oyabe
- 4 Kurobe
- 1 Gokayama — World Heritage Site famous for its gassho-zukuri houses
- Kurobe Gorge -In Kurobe city. Notable for having a unique truck train that goes about half way up the gorge, but also for great hiking and hot springs. Access from Unazuki Onsen station.
- Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route - A remote link between Nagano and Toyama through a string of several unique forms of transportation constructed to give access to Kurobe dam. Access from Tateyama station (near Toyama) or Shinano-Omachi near Matsumoto.
- Oyabe - a traditional field festival, onsen spot
- Namerikawa - water skiing and hang-gliding, scenic views
- Himi - secluded seaside fishing village with excellent fish market
- Gokayama - deep in the mountains near the border with Gifu, has a couple of well-preserved gassho-style thatched-houses villages