Image taken at the heart of Uddevalla, with the tourist information house at left, and Bohusläns museum at right.
Uddevalla is a city of 31,200 people (with a total of 52,800 in Uddevalla Municipality) in Bohuslän, on the west coast of Sweden. Uddevalla is a nice little town, with a river cutting through the city center. The town burnt down more than a few times in the 18th and 19th century, there are but a few old wooden buildings left. Most older buildings date from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Västtrafik (English) handles the local traffic throughout the city.
During the summer, a regular boat line goes through the fjord, visiting various places.
Uddevalla Taxi (Swedish) [dead link], the city's oldest taxi company. Reservations can be made by phone: +46 (0)522-144 00. The company is affiliated and co-owner of Taxi Väst AB, +46 (0)522-459 000. (Swedish)
- Bohusläns museum, Museigatan 1, Uddevalla (Very close to the main bus station Kampenhof.), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Monday 10 - 16. Tuesday - Thursday 10 - 20. Friday - Sunday 10 - 16.. One of Sweden's most visited museums, exhibits feature Bohuslän’s changing history and the living conditions of its inhabitant. $0 (free).
- Tureborg The ruins of a medieval-styled castle, built 1899-1912 by Ture Malmgren, founder of Bohusläningen, a local newspaper. Were ravaged by fire in 1950, but the ruins still stands. The castle were filled with secret tunnels, which later were sealed.
- Villa Elfkullen A large building with a very peculiar design, also built by Ture Malmgren. Open to the public on Sundays July - September. Like the castle, the building is filled with secret compartments.
- The Shell Bank museum (Skalbanksmuseet), Kurödsvägen 1, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. June, July, August: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 to 17:00. An area of shell banks and a museum dedicated to them. The shell banks were formed around 10.000 to 11.000 years ago, by deposits of shells from millions of shellfish. In some places the layer is up to 20 meters thick. The shell banks are the perfect environment for a variety of lime-loving plants. $0 (free).
- 1 Strandpromenaden (The Boardwalk), Oljehamnsvägen, 451 43 Uddevalla, Sweden. 24. A scenic walkway by the south scores of the fjord Byfjorden. You may start by the tourist information center at Södra Hamnen 2. The main route begins 2 km away, at the end of Oljehamnsvägen. The walkway reaches Landbadet (see below) after about 1.5 km, as well as STF Vandrarhem Gustafsberg (see Sleep). It reaches the Lindesnäs beach after further 1.5 km. 0.
- 2 Landbadet. Summertime: Mon - Fri 9.00-20.00, Sat - Sun 9.00-18.00. Large outdoor pools, including springboards up to 5 m height, and a 50 m long pool. There are nearby areas for beach volley and soccer. 0.
- Unda camping - 451 94 Uddevalla - 0522-863 47  [dead link] 400 spots, 6 cabins. Good beaches, a nearby nature reserve, several activities during the summer. Open the entire year.
- STF Vandrarhem Gustafsberg, ☎ . Hostel by the sea in Gustafsberg. Formerly the greater temperated bath house. Located 6 km along the boardwalk.
|Routes through Uddevalla|
|Oslo ← Strömstad ←||N S||→ Kungälv → Göteborg|