Uherské Hradiště is a town in the Zlín Region of the Czech Republic. It is located 23 km (14 mi) southwest of Zlín on the Morava River. The town itself has a population of around 25,000. The town is the center of Moravian Slovakia, a region known for its characteristic folklore, music, costumes, traditions and production of wine. The centre of the town is historically significant and is protected by law as Urban monument zone.
The small centre of the town is historically significant and is protected by law as Urban monument zone.
Along the I/50 road.
The historic centre is small and walkable.
- 1 Masarykovo náměstí. A square in historic center.
- 2 Mariánské náměstí. A square in historic center.
- 3 Church of Saint Francis Xavier.
- 6 Park Rochus.
- 7 Wine cellars in Mařatice.
- 8 Kunovice Museum. Open only April-October. Aircraft museum with various smaller aircrafts, TU-154, helicopters etc.
- Watch football: 1. FC Slovácko play soccer in First League, the Czech top tier. Their home ground is Miroslava Valenty Stadium, capacity 8120, which occasionally hosts international matches, such as Czech Republic v Ukraine in 2018.