University City is an inner-suburb of St. Louis renowned for it's vibrant Delmar Loop district.
- Delmar Loop - Located just north of Clayton and beginning at the northwest edge of Forest Park is this culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse neighborhood of St. Louis. One of the more liberal areas of the city, it is a popular area for college students and post-graduates to live and interact. The Loop itself is one main street of storefronts, restaurants, music venues, bookstores, and a great independent movie theatre.
The Loop features award-winning dining, and has everything from sidewalk cafes to upscale restaurants. This is a great street to walk and find something that appeals to your palate. Many ethnic restaurants, including Lebanese and Thai, are on the Loop.
- Brandt's, 6525 Delmar Blvd, ☎ . A bustling cafe and market during the day, turns into upscale dining with live music at night. Outstanding outdoor patio in the warmer months, and home to the best crab cake burger in the city.
- Riddles Penultimate Cafe and Wine Bar, 6307 Delmar Blvd, ☎ . A place to eat, drink, and listen to music on the Loop. A constantly changing menu features only food from local farmers and producers.
- Blueberry Hill, 6504 Delmar Blvd, ☎ . A true landmark restaurant and bar, open till 3AM. Chuck Berry frequently on the calendar to play. Absolutely filled with pop-culture memorabilia spanning decades, including lunchboxes, concert posters, toys, sports trading cards, and other Americana. This place is definitely not one to miss.
- Fitz's Rootbeer, 6605 Delmar Blvd. American Bar and Grill, Family friendly, watch the bottle factory go to work as you dine.
- The Melting Pot, 6683 Delmar Blvd, ☎ . Fondue. Reservations are essentially required here.
- Pi, 6144 Delmar Blvd, ☎ . The crowds don't lie - this is terrific pizza.
University City by no means has the best reputation for safety, but it is far from being dangerous. The area of University City that is north of Olive Blvd is best to be avoided at night, as are adjacent towns such as Pagedale and Wellston.
Be warned - just blocks north of the Delmar Loop lies North St. Louis, a very dangerous area best to be avoided AT ALL TIMES! If you are on Delmar Blvd, by no means, go north from it on Skinker. The area may look nice at first, but quickly deteriorates into hell.