Jump to navigation Jump to search
St. Louis Area is the region around St. Louis, Missouri. It borders Saint Louis Metro East (Illinois) along the Mississippi River. Within Missouri, it borders Southeast Missouri, Central Missouri, and Northeast Missouri.
- 1 St. Louis - the center of the area and main destination for visitors.
- 2 St. Louis County - the most populous part of the area, mostly suburban.
- 3 St. Charles - Features a historic downtown.
- 1 Mastodon State Historic Site, 1050 Charles J Becker Dr., ☎ . This park takes you back to prehistoric times. The discovery of Clovis spear points and Mastodon bones at this site was the first proof that man existed at the same time as the Mastodon. The museum helps you understand how man lived some 14,000 years ago.
- 1 Meramec Caverns, 1135 Highway W, Sullivan, ☎ . Nov. - Feb.: 9AM-4PM; March & Oct.: 9AM-5PM; April & Sept.: 9AM-6PM; May & June: 9AM-7PM; July - Labor Day: 8:30AM-7PM.. From prehistoric Indians to Jesse James to modern-day spelunkers, Meramec Caverns has seen them all at one point or another. Well worth the money for the tour and to see the cave formations. $15/8/Free (Adults/Children 5-11/Children under 5).
- 2 Cuivre River State Park, 678 State Route 147 Troy, MO 63379 (Several miles east of Troy), ☎ . A 6,393 acre state park with hiking and outdoor activities including a small fishing/swimming lake plus equestrian trails shared with hikers.
- 3 [dead link] Purina Farms, 200 Checkerboard Dr, ☎ . Canine events and competitions and a hands-on visitors center.
- Lewis' Cafe (St. Clair). Small family owned restaurant famous for homemade pies and soups. They raise their own cattle so the meat is completely fresh. Reasonable prices, family atmosphere and excellent service.
- Roadhouse 100, 2763 Highway 100, Gray Summit, ☎ .
- Becky's Depot. Small family owned bar. Cheapest and best drinks in town located on Frisco Street right next to the railroad tracks on Main Street. Hence the name Becky's Depot.
- On The Edge Sports Bar. For the not so trash folk of St Clair they head on the good side of the Rail Road tracks to here. With the Coldest Beer and plenty of darts boards or pool tables.. Dj every Friday and Sat night.. and Live Local music one a month.
- Antique Toy Museum & Gift Shop, 2426 S Service Rd E, Sullivan, ☎ .
- Budget Lodging, 866 South Outer Road, St. Clair, ☎ . $70-80 (Doubles).
- [dead link] Super 8 Motel, 1010 South Outer Road, St. Clair, ☎ .
- Holiday Inn Express, 107 King Drive, Troy MO, ☎ .
- Diamond Inn Best Western (Interstate 44 & High, Gray Summit), ☎ .
- Gardenway Motel, 2958 Highway 100, Gray Summit, ☎ .
- Family Motor Inn, 209 N Service Rd W, Sullivan, ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Econo Lodge, 307 N. Service Road, Sullivan, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Super 8, 601 North Service Road, Sullivan, ☎ . Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM.
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 275 N Service Rd W, Sullivan, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comfort Inn, 736 South Service Road, Sullivan, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. $90 (Doubles).
|Greater St. Louis|