Jump to navigation Jump to search
Die größten Städte des Landes sind:
- 1 Mainz - Landeshauptstadt am Rhein
- 2 Ludwigshafen am Rhein - bedeutender Chemiestandort
- 3 Koblenz - an der Mündung der Mosel in den Rhein - im Jahre 2011: Bungesgartenschau
- 4 Trier - eine der ältesten Städte Deutschlands
- 5 Kaiserslautern - eine der fünf deutschen "Barbarossastädte"
- 6 Worms - Domstadt - Lutherstadt - Nibelungenstadt
- 7 Berlin - capital of Germany; known for its being divided during the Cold War by the Berlin Wall. Today a metropolis of diversity with some of the world's best clubs, shops, galleries and restaurants. Due to its long status as a divided city, Berlin also boasts more operas and museums per capita than most other places in the world. The suburb of Potsdam with its Royal-Prussian palaces and gardens shouldn't be missed when in Berlin.
- 8 Bremen – its old market, the Schnoor, the Böttcherstrasse, the Viertel and the maritime flair of Bremen and its harbor Bremerhaven (which together form the Bundesland of Bremen, the smallest Land in both size and population) are a great urban experience.
- 9 Cologne (Köln) – founded by the Romans 2000 years ago and known for its huge cathedral (second largest in the world), Romanesque churches, archaeological sites and the lively old town quarter. The Cologne Carnival is a major draw around February.
- 10 Dresden – Once called Elbflorenz ('Florence on the Elbe'), the Frauenkirche (the finest baroque Cathedral outside Italy, destroyed during the war and rebuilt from 1994 to 2005) and its rebuilt historic Altstadt that was also destroyed during the war. The Zwinger and Residenzschloss museums are unmatched in the world.
<maplink>: The JSON content is not valid GeoJSON+simplestyle