Travel through the town may be done on foot, but the increasingly sprawling nature of the town necessitates car travel. Durham Transit provides intermittent shuttle service between Uxbridge, Port Perry, and north Oshawa. GO buses connect Uxbridge to Stouffville, allowing access to Toronto. Some limited taxi service is available. The traditional 'downtown' is demarcated by an area known as the Four Corners, which delineates the intersection of Hwy. 47 (Toronto Street) with Durham Road 8 (Brock Street).
- 1 Thomas Foster Memorial (Foster Memorial), 9449 Concession Rd 7 (north of Uxbridge via Main St N), ☎ . Mausoleum built by a wealthy citizen, designed to replicate the famous Taj Mahal palace of India.
- 2 Home of Lucy Maud Montgomery, 11850 Durham Regional Rd 1, Leaskdale (north of Uxbridge via Main St N), ☎ . Daily 10am-4pm. Former home of the famed author responsible for the Anne of Green Gables character and novels.
- 1 The Roxy Theatre, 46 Brock St W, ☎ . provides Uxbridge with first and second run movies.
- 2 Parish Lanes (Uxbridge Bowl), 69 Brock St W, ☎ . Closed Mondays. 5 and 10 pin bowling, catering for birthday parties.
- 3 Uxbridge Fair, 440605 Dufferin County Road 8 (Elgin Park). first weekend of September following Labour Day.
- 4 Uxbridge & Area Swimming Pool (Uxpool), 1 Parkside Dr, ☎ . Sports activity location with public pool and squash courts.
- 5 Uxbridge Arena & Recreation Centre, 291 Brock St W, ☎ . During winter, free ice skating is occasionally available at Uxbridge Arena.
- 6 York–Durham Heritage Railway, 19 Railway St (north of Brock St on east side of railway tracks), ☎ . The railway operates excursion trains over a 20 km (12 mi) route between Stouffville and Uxbridge. The round trip takes approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Uxbridge Station has a beautiful witch's cap roof.
Uxbridge is becoming the familiar suburban blend of older, boutique-style stores in the traditional downtown, with larger, big-box type stores located on the periphery.
Near the downtown core, you will find small businesses such as Blue Heron books, Rutledge Jewellers, SugarFX candy and AudioVision electronics.
On Hwy 47, you will find a Zehr's supermarket which also sells electronics, books, housewares and clothing. Next door are both a recently renovated and expanded Canadian Tire franchise, and a medium-sized iteration of WalMart.
Other chain stores you will find in Uxbridge include: Sears, M&M Meat Shops, Mark's Work Wearhouse, Coles bookstore, Hallmark gift shop, Home Hardware, Rona Hardware, Global Pet Foods, PetValu pet foods, Dollarama, Staples/Business Depot.
Uxbridge generally caters to family style restaurants with a few bistro-style fine dining establishments. There are numerous Pub 'n Grub style restaurants, including: Jersey's, the Fox and Fiddle, and the Hobby Horse Arms.
- 1 Tin Mill Restaurant, 53 Toronto St N, ☎ . Closed Mondays. Housed in a restored building and features many micro-brew beers and an extensive wine list.
- 2 Frankie's Ristorante, 1 Main St (Corner of Main and Brock St. in the downtown of Uxbridge), ☎ . Tue-Sat. Lunch & dinner. 100% gluten and wheat free Mediterranean restaurant. Everything is made from scratch and all a la minute. Caters to all. $18-45.00/person.
|Routes through Uxbridge|
|END ← Jct ←||N S||→ Pickering → END|