Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Estação Ferroviária de Valença (Valença Railway Station). PDF timetable. Trains serve Valença from Viana do Castelo, Porto, Coimbra, Figueira da Foz, and Vigo (Spain). Connections from Braga are available at Nine.
- 2 Centro Coordenador de Transportes (Valença Bus Station), Avenida Sá Carneiro. Valença is accessible via various long distance and regional coach companies: Empresa de Transportes Courense, AVIC, Autna, Rede Expressos, and FlixBus.
- 1 Fortaleza de Valença (Praça-forte de Valença). This 5 km (3.1 mi), 17th-century military fortification lies along the River Minho.
- 2 Museu do Bombeiro (Firefighters' Museum), ☏ . M–F 09:00–12:30 & 13:30–17:00 (also Sa, fortnightly). Displaying about 4,000 pieces of firefighting equipment from around the world, this museum tells the history of the "soldiers of peace", as firefighters are known in Portugal.
- 1 Fatum, Casamata 2, Portas da Coroada, ☏ , email@example.com. F–W 10:00–16:00 & 19:00–00:00, closed Th. Enjoy some fado music as you savour regional cuisine and a glass of wine. The music is live on Saturday evenings. €10-25.
- 2 Fronteira Gastrobar, Avenida de Espanha 1, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Tu–Th Su 09:00–00:00, F Sa 09:00–02:00, closed M. Tapas bar with extensive selection of wines and gins. €7-18.
- 3 Solar do Bacalhau, Rua Mouzinho de Albuquerque 99, ☏ , email@example.com. M 08:00–16:00, Tu–F 08:00–23:00, Sa Su, 08:00–00:00. Specializing in cod fish, they also serve other seafood and meats. €12-25.
- 1 Pousada Valença (Pousada de São Teotónio), Baluarte do Socorro (within Valença Fortress), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 11:00. Four-star, 18-room pousada with business centre, restaurant, room service, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €81-140.
- 2 Hotel Valença do Minho, Avenida Miguel Dantas, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Three-star, 36-room hotel with swimming pool, bar, free Wi-Fi, and free parking. €36-64.