Jump to navigation Jump to search
Valinhos is a city in the Campinas Region of São Paulo state.
The municipality is 73 km from the metropolis of São Paulo.
Departing from the Tietê terminal in São Paulo (capital), there are several lines to Valinhos.
Sou Valinhos operates 27 municipal bus lines.
- 1 House of Flávio de Carvalho (Casa de Flávio de Carvalho), Rua Gildo Tordin, ☏ +55 19 3871-3646. The house is named after the renowned artist and architect Flávio de Carvalho, who lived in Valinhos between 1938 and 1973. It is a landmark of modern architecture, as it is one of the first architectural buildings in the modernist style in the country. Today it is used for cultural events and social projects. Consult the Secretary of Culture and Tourism of the municipality of Valinhos for information regarding visits and events.
- Arts, Culture and Commerce Center "Adoniran Barbosa" (Centro de Artes, Cultura e Comércio "Adoniran Barbosa", CACC), Av. dos Esportes s/n - Center (in front of the city's Bus Station and next to Praça 500 Anos), ☏ +55 19 3929-6086. Outdoor space named after the singer and composer Adoniram Barbosa, the most famous artist born in Valinhos. The site is constantly used to carry out various artistic, cultural, religious and commercial activities.
- Centro de Convivência Brasil 500 Anos, Av. dos Esportes. The square is one of the main postcards of the city. It has jogging tracks, places for walking, playground, bike paths, and integration areas. Its landscaping project is beautiful; and as the name suggests, it has a large monument in honor of Brazil's 500th anniversary.
- Centro de Lazer do Trabalhador Ayrton Senna (CLT), Av. Altino Gouveia, s/n - Jardim Pinheiros, ☏ +55 19 3929-5649. Daily 08:00-18:00. Beautiful park with a large dam, green area, birds, flowers and trees. It has a jogging and walking track, a bike path, barbecue grills, kiosks, a playground, and sports and tennis courts.
- Vintage Car Exhibition (Exposição de Carros Antigos), ☏ +55 19 3849-7557. third Sunday of each month, from 09:00 to 13:00. n event promoted by the Clube dos Carros Antigos de Valinhos and region.
- São Sebastião Church (Igreja Matriz de São Sebastião), Rua 13 de Maio - Downtown, ☏ +55 19 3871-8882. M-F 06:00-18:00, Sa 06:00-21:00, Su 09:00-22:30. Historical and cultural heritage of great importance in the city. The Church was idealized by Father Manuel Guinaut, conceived by engineer Lix da Cunha, and made possible by the struggle and will of Father Bruno Nardini. Its Gothic-Roman architecture and imposing style make it one of the most beautiful churches in the region.
- João do Monte Museum of Art (Museu de Arte João do Monte), Rua Rui Barbosa, 130, ☏ +55 19 3871-3419. The gallery was designed and built by the Portuguese artist João do Monte. A large part of the works left by him, being an important space for art and cultural exhibitions. It was transformed into an Art Museum in 2005.
- Municipal Museum "Photographer Haroldo Angelo Pazinatto" (Museu Municipal "Fotógrafo Haroldo Ângelo Pazinatto"), Rua 12 de Outubro, s/n, ☏ +55 19 3849-7557. Tu-Sa 08:00-17:30. The Museum opened in 1996 and houses more than 1200 pieces that tell the city's history since its inception. The highlight is the strong presence of Italian immigrants in the constitution and formation of the municipality of Valinhos. Located near a historic railway from the coffee times, deactivated by the famous Companhia Paulista de Estradas de Ferro in 1913.
- Estação das Artes, at the Municipal Museum, ☏ +55 19 3849-7557. third Sunday of each month 09:00-13:00. Handicraft fair of 70 artists and artisans who exhibit their works and works.
- Monument to the 100 Years of Valinhos (Monumento aos 100 Anos de Valinhos), Rua Antonio Carlos, 301 (Paço Municipal). Beautiful work by the Portuguese artist Santos Lopes. The sculpture honors the 100 years of the city of Valinhos, celebrated in 1996, and its elevation to the status of District of Peace.
- Monument to the Immigrant (Monumento ao Imigrante), Praça Jose Ferraro (next to the old Fepasa Station). A beautiful tribute to Italian immigrants and their descendants, who helped build and develop the city. There are three bronze figures, which symbolize a family of Italian immigrants.
- Abraao de Moraes Observatory (Observatório Abraão de Moraes) (Morro dos Macacos neighborhood, access by vineyard), ☏ +55 19 3886-4439. It houses the USP Institute of Astrology, Geophysics and Atmospheric Sciences. Service requires prior appointment.
- Sant'Ana Parish (Paróquia de Sant'Ana), Rua Mato Grosso - Vila Sant´Ana, ☏ +55 19 3881-3367. Former church built from 1953. On December 21, 1958, the church held its first mass, and on July 2, 1961, it was canonically instituted.
- Portal of Valinhos, Rua Comendador Guilherme Mamprim. Daily 07:00-18:00. Beautiful architectural construction at the main entrance to the city. Its surroundings are adorned by various plants and imperial palm trees.
- [dead link] Fig Festival (Festa do Figo), Rua Dom João VI, número 82 - Jardim Planalto (in Monsenhor Bruna Nardini Municipal Park). January. Traditional folk festival from Valinho, held annually during the second half of January. Wide variety of regional musical attractions, Italian restaurant with typical food, several food options, handicraft tents, handicrafts from the Mothers Club, Social Solidarity Fund, Agrotourism, exhibition and sale of fruits from local producers. The event has an amusement park and other alternatives for leisure, culture and entertainment for young people and families.
- Source Sonia (Fonte Sônia), Fonte Sonia Road - s/n, ☏ +55 19 3871-0788. One of the largest private parks in the State of São Paulo, located in an old and historic coffee farm. Inside, there is the statue of Christ the Redeemer of the city of Valinhos. Its wide infrastructure offers several leisure activities in direct contact with nature. Visitors have access to waterfalls, natural pools, waterslides, lakes for fishing, and a pedal boat ride. The Park also has snack bars, a hotel for lodging, barbecues, spaces for practicing sports, and the possibility of "monitored" horseback riding.
- Macuco Leisure and Aquatic Park (Macuco Lazer e Parque Aquático), Estrada Municipal Gov. Mario Covas, km 4,6 - Bairro Macuco, ☏ +55 19 3881-1707. Water park surrounded by green areas, natural vegetation and beautiful landscapes. The "Camping" has natural pools, waterslides, lakes, places for fishing, and sports activities (soccer, volleyball, kayaking). Lots of nature, comfort and security in a space of 400,000 m², which also offers chalets for accommodation.
- Fig House with Chocolate (Casinha do Figo com Chocolate), Estrada do Jequitibá, km 2, ☏ +55 19 3871-1185. Located in the countryside of Valinhos, it offers a delicious mixture of figs and chocolate. A candy developed by the owner of the site. A place marked by beautiful landscapes, and delicious liqueurs, jams and quality fruits.
- Boa Esperança Farm "Adega Tio Mário", Luís de Queiroz Guimarães Street - Agrarian Reform District, ☏ +55 19 3881-1319. The property produces figs, grapes, and wines. Visits depend on prior booking.
- Lar São Joaquim, Rua Benedito de Campos, s/n, ☏ +55 19 3871-1299. The property was a donation from the Portuguese empire to an ensign. It was sold to Brigadier Luís Antônio in 1798, and in 1896 it was bought by Luís de Campos Salles. It housed Manuel de Campos Salles, Brazil's first civilian president. In 1954, it was donated to the missionaries of the Heart of Jesus Crucified. Its historical relevance is clear, as it preserves a mansion, the slave quarters and the farm's engine room. Something that goes back to the times of Engenho. Offers lunches on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Kusakariba site, Luís de Queiroz Guimarães Street – Macuco neighborhood, ☏ +55 19 3881-2351. It is possible to schedule visits and try the well-known “Café da Manhã na Roça”. The site produces guavas, sweets, jams and handicrafts.
- Handicraft Fair, Largo São Sebastião. F 09:00-17:00, Sa 09:00-13:00. It offers varied products for the home, original esoteric items, and handicrafts for personal use. The highlight goes to the special prices. The fair was founded in 1983, and is organized by the Union of Artisans of Valinhos.
- Shopping de Valinhos, Rua Paiquerê, 200, ☏ +55 19 3829-4190. M-Sa 10:00-22:00, Su 14:00-20:00. It has a wide variety of stores, food court, cinema, supermarket, playground, in addition to holding cultural events. It has ample parking, security and convenience.
- Itamaracá Mall (200 m from Colégio Porto Seguro), ☏ +55 19 3871-8630. Itamaracá Mall offers 9 stores in a wide, open, comfortable and well-decorated space. There is no lack of options for entertainment, leisure and food.
- Restaurante Bambuzal, Rod. Anhanguera, 23 - Chácara, ☏ +55 19 3881-1120. Daily 11:00-16:00. It offers delicious homemade food in a rustic, country setting. The self-service system offers a wide variety of options to choose from. It has a playground, parking, and a beautiful landscape.
- Didio Pizzas, Santa Terezinha Av. Independência, 1633, ☏ +55 19 3849-4800. M-Sa 18:00-23:30, Su 18:00-23:00. The franchise is an excellent option for those who want to taste a delicious pizza.
- Gordão Lanches, Vila Bissoto Av. dos Esportes, 582, ☏ +55 19 3849-1999. Tu-F 10:00-00:00, Sa 14:00-05:00, Su 14:00-00:00. In addition to the recognized quality of the franchise's products, Gordão in Valinhos is famous for being a true meeting point for young people in the city. It offers snacks, juices, pizzas, portions and meals.
- Pastelaria Caiu do Céu, Av. Independência, 2694, ☏ +55 19 3869-7455. "Pastry Fell from the Sky" offers traditional pastry from Valinho, regionally recognized for the quality and variety of its freshly fried pastries. It offers pastries, juices and delicious snacks.
- Pedrão Auto Snacks, Rdv Municipal Andradas, 1474, ☏ +55 19 3869-6024.
- Cafeteria from Valinho. known for the quality of its snacks and for being a real point for young people on Friday nights. It has a playground and ample parking.
- Sorveteria Soaki, Avenida Independencia, 650 - Centro, ☏ +55 19 3871-5366. The most popular ice cream parlor in town, with a variety of ice cream, sweets and milkshakes. It became known for the variety of ice cream flavors it offers. This chain has locations throughout the city.
- 1 Restaurante da Nona, Rua Antônio José Buttignol, 30, R. Francisco Glicério, 107 - Centro, ☏ +55 19 3871 0855. Tu-Su 10:30-14:45. Since 1978, Restaurante da Nona has offered homemade food by the kilo (self-service). The space is large and has many tables, very close to each other, like in an Italian canteen. Easy access and frequented by families.
- Kabar - Restaurant and Pizzeria, Av. Independence, 1457, ☏ +55 19 3869-8765. Beautiful environment, spacious and very well decorated. It has rustic architecture, chandeliers, columns, paintings and sculptures throughout the establishment.
- Fonte Santa Teresa, Rua 12 de Outubro, 650 - Vila Santana, ☏ +55 19 3849-8800, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Itapema, Av. Independência, 754 - Centro, ☏ +55 19 3871-8511.