- For other places with the same name, see Vaughan (disambiguation).
Vaughan has convenient superhighways from all around the region. These include Highway 427 and 400 from the south and 407 from the east and west.
Bus service into Vaughan is provided by TTC, YRT and GO. (See York Region article for details.)
Subway Line 1 Yonge-University provides service from downtown Toronto to three stations in Vaughan, York Region. The three stations are Pioneer Village (at the Toronto/Vaughan border), Highway 407 and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre, all having bus connections. A trip from Union Station in downtown Toronto to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre takes about 50 minutes. Subway service is provided by the Toronto Transit Commission and uses only TTC fares. There are no free transfers between the subway and YRT, Viva, Go Transit or Züm buses.
- 1 McMichael Canadian Art Gallery, 10365 Islington Avenue, Kleinburg, ☎ , toll-free: . Open 10AM-4PM daily, closed December 25. Renowned for its devotion to collecting and exhibiting only Canadian art, the McMichael permanent collection consists of almost 6,000 artworks by Tom Thomson, the Group of Seven, their contemporaries, and First Nations, Inuit and other artists who have made a contribution to Canada’s artistic heritage. The McMichael Canadian Art Collection is the only major public art gallery devoted solely to the collecting and exhibiting of Canadian art. The gallery offers visitors the unique opportunity to enjoy Canadian landscape paintings in the woodland setting that inspired them. $15, discounts for families and seniors.
- 1 Canada’s Wonderland, 1 Canada's Wonderland Drive (Seasonal TTC bus 165C from York Mills Station), ☎ . A theme park that is open seasonally from May to October and contains more than 200 attractions. 16 roller coasters, 20 acre (8 hectare) waterpark.
- 2 Kortright Centre for Conservation, 9550 Pine Valley Dr (Exit on Rutherford Dr from Highway 400), ☎ . Daily 9:30AM–4PM. A modern wildlife conservation centre that has hiking, workshops, and encounters with the wildlife.
Vaughan has been called Canada's best shopping city numerous times.
- 1 Promenade. At the corner of Bathurst St. and Centre St., it has 290,000 sq ft. of retail space with over 175 retailers. Anchors include, T & T Supermarket, The Children's Place, Old Navy, American Eagle Outfitters, Coach, and the second Aroma Espresso Bar in Canada. Movie theatre operated by Rainbow Cinema.
- 2 Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, 1 Bass Pro Mills Drive, Concord (Rutherford-Highway 400), ☎ . M-Sa 10AM-9PM; Su 11AM-7PM. Large outlet mall adjacent to Canada's Wonderland, with 1.2 million square feet of indoor shopping, an outdoor power centre area and fifteen anchor stores, including Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World, H&M, The Children's Place, Holt Renfrew Last Call, Tommy Hilfiger, and Urban Behaviour. Lucky Strike Lanes, Legoland Discovery Centre and NASCAR Speedpark are available for entertainment, and food court and full-service dining options are available. The mall is open on most statutory holidays; a shuttle bus is run to Toronto's Union Station June-Sept and during the month before Christmas.
- 3 Market Lane Shopping Centre, 140 Woodbridge Ave (Exit on Islington Blvd from Highway 7; turn on Woodbridge Ave), ☎ .
Many fine restaurants are located in Vaughan including many event venues.
- Courtyard by Mariott, 150 Interchange Way, Concord, ☎ . Double from $140.
- Super 8, 3400 Steeles Ave W, Concord, ☎ . Budget hotel with free continental breakfast & WiFi, and an indoor pool with a waterslide. From $105.
- Hotel Novotel Toronto Vaughan, 200 Bass Pro Mills Drive, toll-free: .
Take public transit to Downtown Toronto or take local flights from nearby Buttonville, Markham, Brampton or Downsview airports. These may include aerial tours. The region is a gateway to Southern Ontario with tourist attractions including Niagara Falls, Ontario Wine Country and the Niagara Escarpment. Take a day trip to Lake Simcoe or Lake Wilcox. Many parks are located nearby.
|Routes through Vaughan|
|Sudbury ← Barrie ←||N S||→ Toronto → END|
|Kitchener ← Brampton ← becomes ←||W E||→ Richmond Hill → Markham|
|Barrie ← Aurora ←||N S||→ North York → Toronto|