Ventnor is on the center of Absecon Island. This island consist of Ventnor, Margate, Longport and Atlantic City. Ventnor has a population of 12,910 of year round locals and summer populations grows to about 17,000. This small city is a summer town. The locals refer to the summer crowd as shoebies because the summer day travelers use to bring their lunch in a shoe box. Ventnor was founded in March 1903.
Ventnor saying is "Shorely the best".
- One of the main ways to get to Ventnor is to take the Atlantic City Expressway. Then follow the signs for Ventnor it is the first exit once you pass that Atlantic City toll, exit two. Another way to get to Ventnor without going on the express way is Black Horse Pike.
- Atlantic City International Airport, which is located in Egg Harbor. The airport is located about twenty minutes from Ventnor. Once you get off the plain you can take a shuttle to an Atlantic City hotel. From there you can take the Jitney or a cab to Ventnor.
- Amtrak will take you to the Atlantic City Train station.
- The Casino Buses will take you from Philadelphia or New York City to a casino in Atlantic City. When taking the bus you get a voucher when you get of the bus for 25 dollars that can be used in the slot machines.
- The New Jersey Transit
There are a number of enjoyable sites to see in Ventnor. Most of the sites involve the beaches. Surfers Beach is one of the many beaches. This beach is where the surfers go to catch a wave. The Statue of Mexhid. A small statue at the playground dedicated to Mexhid Disha.
- Absecon Island Light House Tours Vermont & Pacific Aves, Atlantic City +1 609 449-1360 Family
- Atlantic City Art & Historical Museum Garden Pier, Atlantic City +1 609 347-5837 Family
- Atlantic City Surf Baseball Club Sandcastle Stadium, Albany Ave,Atlantic City +1 609 344-8873 Men/ Family
- Edwin B. Forsythe Wildlife Refuge Great Creek Rd, Oceanville +1 609 652-1474 Family/ kids
- Flyers Skate Zone Albany Ave, Atlantic City +1 609 441-1780 Kids
- Historic Gardner’s Basin New Hampshire & the Bay +1 609 348-2830 Family
- King Pin Lanes 6622 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Twp +1 609 641-5117 Family
- Lake Lenape Park Park Road, Mays Landing +1 609 625-2021 Family
- Lucy the Elephant Tour Decatur & Atlantic Aves, Margate +1 609 823-6473 Kids
- Margate Miniature Golf, 211 No. Jefferson Ave, ☏ . Margate Family
- Marine Mammal Stranding Center Brigantine Blvd & Bay, Brigantine +1 609 266-0538 Family
- Ocean Life Center @ Gardner’s Basin New Hampshire Avenue & the Bay +1 609 348-2880 Kids
- Historic Town of Smithville Route 9, Smithville +1 609 652-7777 Family
- Storybook Land Route 40, Egg Harbor Twp +1 609 641-7847 Kids
Beaches, Ventnor has many wonderful beaches. The beaches are a lined with boardwalks. To go to the beaches you need a beach pass. Passes are available in city hall or on the beach. Ventnor is also located right next to Atlantic City, where the adults can gamble.
Fishing Pier, Ventnor also has a fishing pier, where you can relax while collecting all types of fish.
Casinos, The casinos also have many of shows that you can take the kids to. Most of the casinos are on the Atlantic City boardwalk, which is also the location of many stores and arcades.
- Caesars Atlantic City Hotel & Casino Rated 3.5 out of 5.0, 2100 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ - +1 609 348-4411
- Tropicana Casino & Resort Rated 3.0 out of 5.0, 2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ - +1 609 340-4000
- Harrah's Resort Atlantic City Hotel & Casino Rated 3.6 out of 5.0, 777 Harrahs Blvd, Atlantic City, NJ - (800) 645-6774
- Bally's Atlantic City Hotel & Casino Rated 3.1 out of 5.0 184, 1900 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, NJ - +1 609 340-2000
- Resorts Casino Hotel Rated 3.3 out of 5.0, 1133 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ - +1 609 343-3119
- Gillian’s Wonderland Pier 6th Street & the Boardwalk, Ocean City +1 609 399-7082
- Gillian’s Water Wonderland 6th Street & the Boardwalk, Ocean City +1 609 399-0483
- Morey’s Pier 3501 Spencer Ave, Wildwood +1 609 522-3900
- Steel Pier Virginia Avenue & the Boardwalk, Atl City +1 609 345-4893
Bike Rentals, Nothing is better than waking up in the morning and taking a relaxing bike ride on the beach. But you are only allow to ride bikes on the beach between six am to 10 am and then any time after six pm. You can also ride your bikes throughout this small town. At these bike rental shops you can also rent vespas, which is another great way to get around Ventnor. AAAA Bike Shop, 5300 Ventnor Avenue +1 609 487-0808 and Vespa of Ventnor 8 So. Weymouth Avenue +1 609 487-0221) are the only two bike rentals in Ventnor.
Golf Courses, Many people enjoy golf. They see it as relaxation and everyone wants to relax on vacation. Here is a list of nearby golf courses.
- Avalon Golf Club Route 9, Swainton 465-4653
- Blue Herron Pines 530 W Country Club Dr, Egg Harbor Twp 965-1800
- Brigantine Golf Links 1075 North Shore Dr, Brigantine 266-1388
- Buena Vista Country Club Country Club Lane, Buena 856 697-3733
- Cape May National Golf Club Route 9 & Florence Ave, Cape May 884-1563
- Green Tree Golf Course Somers Point-Mays Landing Rd, Mays Landing 625-9131
- Harbor Pines Golf Club 500 St. Andrews Dr, Egg Harbor Twp . 927-0006
- Heritage Links Golf Course 1327 Route 9, Upper Township 390-4500
- Mays Landing Golf Club 1855 Cates Rd, Hamilton Township 641-4411
- McCullough’s Emerald Golf Links 3016 Ocean Heights Ave, Egg Harbor Twp 926-3900
- Ponderlodge Golf Course 7 Shawmount Avenue, Villas 886-8065
- Sand Barrens Golf Club 1765 Route 9, Swainton 465-3555
- ShoreGate Golf Club 35 School House Lane, Ocean View 624-8337
- Twisted Dune Golf Club 2101 Ocean Heights Ave, Egg Harbor Twp 653-8019
- Shore Mall, 6725 Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township, NJ. The Shore Mall is about twenty minutes from Ventnor.
- Hamilton Mall, 4403 Black Horse Pike, Mays Landing, NJ. The Hamilton Mall is also about twenty minutes from Ventnor. This brand new mall is one of the best and biggest malls in New Jersey.
- The Walk-Atlantic City Outlets, 1931 Atlantic Avenue. Atlantic City, NJ. The Walk is an outlet mall. It is located two blocks from the Atlantic City Boardwalk and one block from the casinos. When you are done shopping here and still haven't gotten your shopping fix, you can go on the boardwalk and shop in those stores.
- The Pier Shops At Caesars, 1 Atlantic Ocean, Atlantic City, NJ 08401. +1 609 343-3199. This mall is located near the Caesars casino on a pier. It has a beautiful out look of the water. On the third floor there are many of restaurants where anyone can find a place to eat.
- A Door in Time, 129 No. Dorset Avenue, ☏ . Antique shop
- Nice House, 7311 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Antique shop
- Alba’s Boutique, 5112 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Clothing
- David’s Fashion Shoes, 5117 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Clothing
- Dony Simon Plus, 7305 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Clothing
- Jenny’s & Jenny’s Plus, 6419 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Clothing
- Silk Satin & Lace, 6616 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Clothing
- Kenya Gem Co., 6504 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Jewelry
- Millies Jewelry & Beadworks, 5119 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ . Jewelry
- Spindrift Pottery, 133 No. Dorset Avenue, ☏ . Ceramics
- Sabor Paisa, 6596 Ventnor Ave, ☏ . Colombian restaurant.
- Jo Jo's Pizzeria & Restaurant, 6501 Ventnor Ave, ☏ . Italian
- Red Room Cafe The, 141 N Dorset Ave. Gourmet
- Yama Japanese Restaurant, 5305 Atlantic Ave, ☏ . Sushi Restaurant
- Jerusalem Glatt Kosher Restaurant, 6410 Ventnor Ave, ☏ . Hebrew
- Annette's Restaurant, 104 N Dorset Ave, ☏ . Breakfast
- Wraptures At 5000, 5000 Boardwalk. Lunch. +1 609 487-0115
- Hannah G's, 7310 Ventnor Ave, ☏ . Breakfast
- Gino's Pizza, 7306 Ventnor Ave, ☏ . Pizza and Subs
- Nucci's Italian Ice & Gelato, 6525 Ventnor Ave. Dessert
- Alexander’s, 5206 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ .
- Breaker’s, 5400 Boardwalk +1 609 823-411
- Island Subs & Grille, 105 No. Dorset Avenue, ☏ .
- Ma France Creperie, 5213 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- The Nostalgia Room, 5214 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ .
- Pam at the Vassar, Vassar Sq & Boardwalk +1 609 822-1220
- Pho’Ha Vietnamese Restaurant, 5200 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Savaradio Restaurant, 5233 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Shellem's Bamboo Grill, 6524 Ventnor Avenue.
- Sweetie Pies Café, 6709 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ .
- Thomas’ Ventnor Café, 4 So. Portland Avenue, ☏ .
- Tsui’s Garden, 6426 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Tsui’s Garden II, 5028 Wellington Avenue, ☏ .
- Wraptures Beach Bistro, 111 So. Dudley Avenue, ☏ .
- The Ice Cream Place, 7312 Ventnor Ave, ☏ .
- Custard’s Last Stand 107 North Dorset Avenue +1 609 823-4033
- Cookies & Cream Ice Cream & Deserts 7303 Ventnor Avenue +1 609 822-4848
- Mento’s Ice Cream/Water Ice 5304 Ventnor Avenue +1 609 487-7560
- The Desert Place 5210 Atlantic Avenue +1 609 487-9797
- Nucci's Italian Ice & Gelato, 6525 Ventnor Ave, Ventnor City, NJ
An interesting fact about Ventnor is that it has no bars, but there are eight liquor stores in Ventnor. The abundance of liquor stores in this small city is result of the all the restaurants being BYOB (bring your own bottle).
- Basia’s Deli, 4825 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ .
- Bloom’s Liquors, 6500 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Community Liquors, 137 No. Dorset Avenue, ☏ .
- Florida Cold Cuts, 7301 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Discount City Liquors, 5216 Atlantic Avenue, ☏ .
- Sacramento Liquors, 6223 Monmouth Avenue, ☏ .
- Ventnor Plaza Liquor & Wine, 5030 Wellington Avenue, ☏ .
- White Star Liquors, 6812 Ventnor Avenue, ☏ .
- Monaco Motel, 109 S Little Rock Ave, ☏ . For this motel you have to call in reservations because you cannot book reservations online. The Monaco Motel is located on the Ventnor board walk.
- Surrey Hotel, 109 S Surrey Ave, ☏ . This hotel is located steps away from the glorious beaches of Ventnor. The Surrey Hotel was also voted "Best Shore Hotel" by the Philadelphia Daily News. It is also a bed and breakfast.
- Carisbrooke Inn, 105 S Little Rock Ave, ☏ . The Carisbrooke is one of the two bed breakfasts in Ventnor City.
- Ventnor Ocean Condominiums, 5800 Boardwalk. +1 609 823-4146. If you need a place to stay for the whole summer these condos would be your best bet. It is located directly on the beach.
|Routes through Ventnor City|
|END ← Atlantic City ←||N S||→ Ocean City → Cape May|