Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vinhedo is a city in the Campinas Region of São Paulo state. The city emerged from grape farms and wineries founded by Italian immigrants. However, most visitors of the city come for the theme parks and the nearby outlet shopping mall.
As a city that was founded in the first half of the 20th century, Vinhedo does not have much to offer in terms of historical sightseeing, but it has a couple of remarkable constructions.
- Memorial do Imigrante, Av dos Imigrantes (Next to the entrance of Vinhedo), ☏ +55 19 3886-3528. M-F 09:00-16:00, Sa Su 10:00-16:00. Finished in 2007, this beautiful cultural complex, in Renaissance style, hosts a permanent exposition about the Italian immigration in the region, offers touristic information about the city in general, and hosts temporary expositions.
- Igreja Matriz de Sant'ana, Praça de Sant'ana - Centro. Vinhedo's central church, located in the heart of the city. It is a nice-looking church with two clock towers and colored panels.
- Hopi Hari, Rodovia dos Bandeirantes, 72 km, toll-free: 0300-789-5566 (local rate number). Brazil's second largest amusement park had its day of glory, but as of May 2017, it is in a huge financial crisis. Most rides are closed down and several employees have mentioned that the maintenance standards are very low and the park must be immediately closed down, although the management denies it (none of this is mentioned in the park's website). Go at your own risk. R$99 (parking R$55).
- Wet'n'Wild, Rodovia dos Bandeirantes, km 72, Itupeva (across from Hopi Hari in the neighboring community of Itupeva), ☏ +55 11 4496-8000. Check website for working days. A water park of the American Wet'n Wild chain, with 12 rides and many food shops. "Rain insurances" are available for a fee. from R$59 (kiosks), R$63 (internet), R$150 (entrance gate.
- Festa da Uva de Vinhedo, Av. Apparecida Tellau Seraphim (at Parque Municipal Jayme Ferragut), ☏ +55 19 3876-4182. The very popular annual grape and wine festival is older than the city is. It takes place around February and lasts about 2 weeks. It includes Italian cultural presentations and typical food, wine tasting, fruit markets and other attractions. During the evenings, it showcases live musical performances of famous Brazilian artists of different styles.
- Cantina e Restaurante Família Azzolin, Rua Santa Cruz, 1362 - Pinheirinho, ☏ +55 19 3886-1472. Tu-Su 11:00-15:00. Italian family restaurant, with a good choice of pasta and wines.