Vrbovec is the birth place of Ban Petar Zrinski, a Croatian hero from the Middle Ages.
For all who would like to meet with typical way of Croatian life, Vrbovec offers peaceful staying and feeling like at home.
Well connected by the A4 highway, then by D28 expressway, it takes only 25 minutes by car from Zagreb.
It takes 35-54 minutes by train from main train station in Zagreb.
It takes 45 minutes by bus from main bus-station in Zagreb.
- Mausoleum of family De Piennes (in the local cemetery).
- Tower of Petar Zrinski.
- Castle of Patačić.
- Castle of Lovrečina Grad.
- Church of Saint Vitus.
- NK Vrbovec Football. A member of third division of the Croatian Soccer League.
- Kaj su jeli naši stari. Last week of August or first week of September, from Friday to Sunday. Traditional festival of cooking of old specialities from the past
- Hotel Bunčić, Zagrebačka 4, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Featuring an on-site restaurant and a bar, Hotel Bunčić is located 750 meters from the Old Town of Vrbovec. It is the former motel owned by PIK Vrbovec. €24-47.