- 1 Info Val Lumnezia, Palius 32D, Vella, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 08:00-11:30, 14:00-17:00.
By public transport
Buses run from Ilanz along the valley. They run roughly hourly and take 35 minutes to Vella and 45 minutes to Vrin. During summer a special bus operates on call from Vrin up to Puzzatsch.
Vella is the town with the highest population in the valley. The tourist information as well as the cable car are located here.
- 1 Church Sogn Vintschegn, Pleif, Vella. Keys are available at the tourist office in Vella. A bit outside of the town of Vella, overlooking a precipice stands the oldest church of the valley. It was first built in the 9th century as a Carolingian church and has since been modified numerous times.
Vrin is the last village of the valley. The town underwent a special conservation effort, trying to use its old charm to an advantage and to prevent the common problem of depopulation. The old town centre has been carefully maintained and complemented with modern buildings by a local architect. Thanks to these efforts the town has a lot of old wooden buildings which are well preserved.
- 2 Church da Nossadunna e Sogn Gion Battesta. The church in Vrin was built in baroque Italian style in the late 17th century. A special feature is the door to the ossuary which is decorated with a row of human skulls.
- 2 Obersaxen Mundaun Val Lumnezia ski area (120 km in winter, 17 lifts), Vella, ☏ . Most of this ski area is actually not in the Val Lumnezia, but it can be accessed by a chairlift from Vella. Day pass Fr. 57/25.
- 3 Degen cross country (4.25 km classic and skating, 2 km during night) (Starts opposite the Sogn Bistgaun chapel in Degen). Offers night skiing on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Fr. 5 for day pass, can be bought directly on the trail.
- 4 Vella cross country (2.25 km classic and skating) (Starts off the road towards the Pleiv church in Vella). Fr. 5 for day pass, can be bought directly on the trail.
- 1 Caffe per tei, Fretli 109b, Vella, ☏ . Tu-Sa 08:30-18:00, Su 10:00-18:00. Small café and bakery. They also serve snacks and small meals.
- 2 Ustria Trutg, Trutg 243a, Vella, ☏ . Th 16:00–23:45, F-M 08:30–23:45. This restaurant also has rooms to rent out. Fr. 25-40 for mains.
- Travel on to Vals in the neighbouring valley, famous for its thermal baths.
- Take the bus up the opposite side of the Surselva to ski at one of the resorts of Flims, Laax or Falera.