(Redirected from Waizenhofen)
Thalmässing-Waizenhofen Airfield (IATA: unlisted GPS Code: EDPW) is a small airfield serving the community of Thalmässing and Waizenhofen and is about 45 km south of Nuremberg. Currently the airfield is used for General Aviation purposes, primarily by private pilots in ultralight aircraft and helicopters. The airport has a maintenance facility for helicopters and microlights. Charter flights can be arranged from this airport.
DB-Bahnhof Hilpoltstein R6, scheduled bus service 611 (VGN)
The new ICE line runs from Nuremberg to Munich and provides a rail service to the stations of Ingolstadt and Nuremberg. A bus service is provided to the region . The former railway line Greding-Thalmässing-Rothwas closed in 1974 and replaced by a bus service. The former rail bed was converted into a cycle path.
Buses from other nearby towns are available.
Thalmässing is only a few minutes by car or bus from Greding, Eichstaett, Hilpoltstein and Heideck.
It is however a fair way from major German cities Nuernberg (40 min), Munich (1.5 hr), Berlin (6 hr).
Thalmässing is 12 km from the A9 motorway; exit 56 - Berlin-Munich-South Hilpoltstein junction about 11 km. Junction 57 Greding is about 12 km.
Turn west off the E45 at Großhöbing.
The town is manageable on foot. If not, taxis are available on call.
- Fundreich Thalmässing (Vor- u. Frühgeschichtliches Museum), Marktpl. 1. Archaeological Museum
- Gredler Cycle. bike trail, a newly constructed 16.3 km long paved bike path leads along the former railway line from Roth-Greding Thalmässing to Hilpoltstein. Starting point for the bike tour is in Thalmässing. Parking spaces available in Staufer.
- Paragliding. is offered at the nearby Thalmässing-Waizenhofen Airfield.
- Skydiving. Thalmässing has a skydiving club Skydive Colibri based at Thalmässing-Waizenhofen Airfield
There are a couple of small supermarkets in the village.
- Seasonal Markets (Easter, St. Martin's, Christmas, Pentecost)
Many restaurants are located in Thalmässing, most of them cooking typical German food.
- Gasthaus zur Krone ( Kronerwirt), Marktpl. 3, ☎ . Traditional Franconian food.
- Gasthaus zum Loewen Gerberwirt, Marktpl. 9, ☎ . Traditional Franconian food.
- Thalmässinger Landgasthof, Bahnhofstraße 11, ☎ .