Jump to navigation Jump to search
From Nelson drive 25 km south-west through Richmond and on along State Highway 6.
- 1 Caltex petrol station.
- Intercity Coaches operate coaches from Nelson to Greymouth, which stop (at/opposite the Caltex) in Wakefield once per day in each direction.
- 1 St John's Church, 120 Edward Street. The church was built in 1846 and is the second oldest surviving church in New Zealand.
- 2 Lord Rutherford Memorial (91 Lord Rutherford Road, Brightwater). Memorial to the nuclear physicist Ernest Rutherford, 1st Baron Rutherford of Nelson (1871-1937), who was born in Brightwater.
- Armageddon Paintball, 334 Wai-Iti Valley Rd, ☏ .
- The Giggling Pony Equestrian Centre, 434 Wai-Iti Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Redstone Golf Park, Wai-iti Valley Rd, ☏ .
- Walk or Cycle the Great Taste Trail. A 19 km walking or mountain biking trail from Richmond to Wakefield via Brightwater.
There is a supermarket, pharmacy and a baker.
- 1 Four Square. supermarket.
There is a small bakery, fast food eateries, and some very nice little cafes and restaurants.
There is a pub.
|Routes through Wakefield|
|Blenheim ← Nelson ←||N S||→ Murchison → Greymouth|