From Nelson drive 25 kilometers south-west through Richmond and on along State Highway 6. There is no public transport. Taxis from Nelson will be expensive.
The town has a Mobil petrol station.
- 1 St John's Church, 120 Edward Street. The church was built in 1846 and is the second oldest surviving church in New Zealand.
- Armageddon Paintball, 334 Wai-Iti Valley Road, ☎ .
- The GIggly Pony Equestrian Centre, 434 Wai-Iti Valley Road, ☎ .
- Redstone Golf Park, Wai-iti Valley Rd Wakefield, ☎ .
There's a supermarket.
There is a small bakery, fast food eateries, and some very nice little cafes and restaurants.
- Wakefield Villa Tearooms and Giftshop, 14 Whitby Way, ☎ .
There is a pub.
- Bush Walk Bed & Breakfast Homestay, 15 Hunt Terrace, ☎ .
|Routes through Wakefield|
|Blenheim ← Nelson ←||N S||→ Murchison → Greymouth|