Wauchula is in the Florida Heartland.
Wauchula is the county seat of Hardee County. The county courthouse is on the south side of Main Street, which is also Florida State Route 64A.
Wauchula can only be reached by private vehicle. There is no rail or bus service.
Some taxi service is available, but mostly people travel by private vehicle in town.
- Christian production at Cattlemen's Arena. Every spring, around March and April, Power & Light Productions, a Christian nonprofit corporation, conducts either "The Story of Jesus" or "The Story of Noah." This production, at Cattlemen's Arena (just west of Wauchula, Florida), is a live presentation with a local cast and stage cast. Many live animals are used as props. The theme of these productions is based on Biblical stories and the main theme is a Christian one. At the end of the show, anyone wanting to accept Christian salvation and baptism is welcomed to the stage.
- 1 Albert Carlton Estate, 302 East Bay Street. Also known as the Carlton-Underwood Estate. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Place. Not open to the public, but you can see the house from the street.
- 2 Wauchula City Hall, 224 East Main Street. Built in 1926.
The Hardee County Fair is held annually at the Hardee County Fairgrounds usually February. The fairgrounds complex is also where Cattlemen's Arena and the Hardee County Civic Center are located, just west of town and south of Main Street. Through the year other community events are held in the complex.
The city has various restaurants. Excluding fast food restaurants these are most of the restaurants in Wauchula:
- Nicholas' Family Restaurant, 615 N. 6th Ave, ☏ . lunch and dinner.
- J P's Smokehouse BBQ, 103 E, Main St. lunch and dinner.
- Giovanni's Main Street Kitchen, 221 W. Main St, ☏ . lunch and dinner.
- Tacos Isabel, 2055 US Highway 17 N, ☏ . lunch and dinner. authentic Mexican food
- Panda Chinese Restaurant, 806 S 6th Ave, ☏ . lunch and dinner. Chinese-style food; serves liquor
- 1 Materz Steakhouse, 530 S 6th Avenue (Northeast corner of Craven Avenue and S. 6th Avenue (southbound Florida S.R. 17)), ☏ . Hours not yet posted online. Steakhouse that opened in October 2016.
- 2 La Hacienda Mexican Restaurant & Grill, 902 Hwy 17 S (N of intersection of Carlton and US 17 S), ☏ .
Florida Hospital Wauchula, at 533 Carlton Street, is in the southwest part of town. This is a small hospital that specializes in physical rehabilitation. It has some general patient rooms and it has an emergency department that was almost completely rebuilt about 2009 to 2010.
- Tropicana Motel, 1211 US Highway 79 N., ☏ . Basic service.
- Peace Valley Motel, 409 N. 6th Ave.. Basic service.
- Colonial Arms Motel, 2370 US Highway 17 N., ☏ . Largest motel in immediate area of Wauchula. Sign on highway looks bad, but motel is decent.
|Routes through Wauchula|
|Orlando ← Bowling Green ←||N S||→ Zolfo Springs → Punta Gorda|