The West High Country is a sub-region of Georgia's Historic High Country region. The West High Country region of Georgia is comprised of 6 counties located near the western border of the state with Alabama. Attractions include the Etowah Indian Mounds, the Booth Western Art Museum, and the Silver Comet bike trail.
- 1 Booth Western Art Museum, ☎ . A museum in Cartersville featuring contemporary Western art, Western illustration, Western movie posters, Civil War art, Presidential portraits and letters, authentic stagecoaches, and an interactive hands-on gallery for children based on a working ranch.
- 2 Berry College. A college located just north of Rome. At 27,000 acres, it is the largest contiguous campus in the world. Contains 80 miles of hiking trails.
- 3 [dead link]Blackjack Mountain. Tallest mountain in Georgia south of I-20. A park at the summit is currently under development.
- 4 [dead link]Etowah Indian Mounds Historic Site, 813 Indian Mounds Road SW Cartersville, GA 30120 (Located 5 miles southwest of I-75 exit #288. Follow brown directional signs.), ☎ . The most intact Mississippian Culture site in the American Southeast, the Etowah Indian Mounds Historic Site is home to six Native America earthen mounds, a plaza, village site, borrow pits and defensive ditch
- 1 Lake Allatoona (Allatoona Lake), e-mail: Web.Allatoona@usace.army.mil. This U.S. Corp of Engineers Lake is one of the busiest in the nation. Its popularity is likely due to factors that include: its proximity to Atlanta, the large number of campgrounds campgrounds and the ease of public access to the lake from many points along its banks.
- 2 Pine Log Creek Trail. A 4.4 mile trail near Rydal Georgia. Features an water-filled CCC quarry, as well as a view of Pine Log Mountain, the tallest mountain in Metro Atlanta.
- Pine Log Wildlife Management Area. There are no designated hiking trails, but visitors are allowed to explore the area by foot. Mainly used for hunting.
- Pine Mountain trail (I-75 Exit 288, at the entrance to Komatsu). Hike up the 1,562 feet tall Pine Mountain, located in Cartersville, to get a view of Lake Allatoona
- Red Top Mountain State Park, 50 Lodge Road SE Acworth, GA 30102. State park on the shores of Lake Allatoona. Contains more than 15 miles of hiking trails, with 4 of those miles opened to both hikers and bikers. Visitors are allowed to swim, water ski and fish.
- [dead link]Rocky Mountain Recreation & Public Fishing Area, 4054 Big Texas Valley Road NW, Rome 30165 (North on US Highway 27 for 10.4 miles, left on Sike Storey Road 0.4 miles, left on Big Texas Valley Road 5.4 miles to entrance.), ☎ . Fishing, camping, hiking and mountain biking. The Rocky Mountain Hydroelectric Plant in the area $5 for daily passes, $30 for annual passes.
- Silver Comet Trail. A former railroad converted into a trail, the Silver Comet Trail begins in Smyrna in Cobb County, passes through Paulding and Polk Counties and ends at the Alabama border. The trail is opened to runners, hikers, bikers, skateboarders, skaters and dogs.