Weybridge is a town in Surrey. It is quite close to London and has good rail and road links to London and to the coast. The only place in the area of tourist interest is the former site of the Brooklands car racing track, which has several museums and attractions.
Weybridge is well served by two of London's airports. For travellers coming directly to Weybridge, the most convenient (in reducing order of convenience) are:
- Heathrow Airport (LHR IATA) is about 15 minutes drive along the M25 motorway exiting at J11 Chertsey and follow the signs to Weybridge.
- Gatwick Airport (LGW IATA) is about a 45-minute drive away via the M23 (northbound), M25 (clockwise) and exiting from J11 (Chertsey).
From London, you should travel from London Waterloo station. There is a fast train service to 1 Weybridge station approx every 30 minutes and the journey time is about 30 minutes.
Train times can be found on the National Rail Planner or by calling 0845-748-4950 from anywhere in the UK.
Weybridge is accessible from the M25 which orbits around London. From the clockwise or anti-clockwise direction, leave the M25 at junction 11 signposted Chertsey then follow the signs to Weybridge
Near the town is the site of Brooklands, which between the wars was one of Britain's most famous auto racing tracks and during World War II was the site of an airbase and aeroplane factory. The site is occupied by:
- 1 Brooklands Museum. Open daily 10AM-5PM (summer) or 10AM-4PM (winter). It incorporates surviving buildings from the car-racing and airbase eras of the site, with many road and air exhibits including a preserved Concorde and the unique Napier-Railton Special racing car. Admission £12.10 adults, £6.60 children.
- 2 London Bus Museum, Cobham Hall, Brooklands Rd, KT13 0QN. Opening times as the Brooklands Museum and admission with the same ticket. Not to be confused with the London Transport Museum in central London, this is an independent charitable museum specialising in the London bus, with vehicles of all eras on show.
- 3 Mercedes-Benz World. Car dealership and theme park, with a few unusual vehicles on display, stunt driving shows, and the chance to drive a vehicle. Free admission but most specific attractions need to be paid for.
You can get to Brooklands on foot (15-20 minutes walk) or by taking buses 436 or 437 from Weybridge station.
- 1 Weybridge cricket green. Watch a cricket match if you are here in the summer. free.
- 2 River Wey towpath. Start from Thames lock and walk along the towpath as you admire the picturesque waterfront. Roughly a 1-km walk to Town lock, then a further 2 km to the more appealing Coxes lock. free.
Many charity shops offer low-cost items for the less well-off and bargin hunters.
- 1 Hansa's Thai Kitchen, 125 Oatlands Drive, ☏ +44 1932 859859. Very nice Thai restaurant.
- 2 Pearl of China, ☏ +44 01932 842766. Cantonese restaurant serving many dishes.
- 3 The Gaylord, 73 Queens Road, ☏ +44 1932 855325. Indian restaurant with bargain prices.
- 4 Cantina41, ☏ +44 01932 706860. Lovely Italian food
- 5 The Great Gurkhas, ☏ +44 01932 848480. Nepalese restaurant.
- 6 Nikki's, ☏ +44 01932 848480. 08:00 - 16:00. Independent cafe serving great coffee and food.
- 1 Elmbridge Arms, 2 High St, KT13 8AB, ☏ +44 1932 828 435.
- 2 The Flintgate Pub, 139 Oatlands Dr, KT13 9LA, ☏ +44 1932 842 721.
- 3 Hand and Spear, Old Heath Rd, Weybridge KT13 8TX, ☏ +44 1932 828 061.
- 4 Jolly Farmer, 41 Prince's Rd, KT13 9BN, ☏ +44 1932 856 873.
- 1 The Ship Hotel, ☏ +441932848364.
- The Clock House, 242 Brooklands Road (Near Weybridge Station), ☏ +44 1932 859595.
- Chertsey - the home of Thorpe Park, one of Europe's best theme parks for thrillseekers
- Chessington World of Adventures - a family-friendly theme park, zoo and resort
- Kingston-upon-Thames - Surrey's county town, home to the Coronation Stone
- Thames Ditton - beautiful riverside scenery and Hampton Court Palace
- Woking - Britain's oldest mosque and largest cemetery in an unassuming dormitory town
|Routes through Weybridge|
|London ← Kingston-upon-Thames ←||NE SW||→ Guildford → Portsmouth|