Weybridge is a town in Surrey. It is quite close to London and has good rail and road links to both London and the coast. The only place in the area of tourist interest is the former site of the Brooklands car racing track, which has several museums and attractions.
Weybridge is well served by two of London's airports. For travellers coming directly to Weybridge, the most convenient (in reducing order of convenience) are:
- Heathrow Airport (LHR IATA) is about 15 minutes drive along the M25 motorway exiting at J11 Chertsey and follow the signs to Weybridge.
- Gatwick Airport (LGW IATA) is about a 45 minute drive away via the M23 (northbound), M25 (clockwise) and exiting from J11 (Chertsey).
Train times can be found on the National Rail Planner or by calling 0845-748-4950 from anywhere in the UK.
Weybridge is accessible from the M25 which orbits around London. From the clockwise or anti-clockwise direction, leave the M25 at junction 11 signposted Chertsey then follow the signs to Weybridge
Near the town is the site of Brooklands, which between the wars was one of Britain's most famous auto racing tracks and during World War II was the site of an airbase and aeroplane factory. The site is currently occupied by:
- 1 Brooklands Museum. Open daily 10AM-5PM (summer) or 10AM-4PM (winter). incorporates surviving buildings from both the car racing and airbase eras of the site, with many road and air exhibits including a preserved Concorde and the unique Napier-Railton Special racing car. Admission £12.10 adults, £6.60 children.
- 2 London Bus Museum, Cobham Hall, Brooklands Rd, KT13 0QN. Opening times as the Brooklands Museum and admission with the same ticket.. Not to be confused with the London Transport Museum in central London, this is an independent charitable museum specialising in the London bus, with vehicles of all eras on show.
- 3 Mercedes-Benz World. car dealership and theme park, with a few unusual vehicles on display, stunt driving shows, and the chance to drive a vehicle. Free admission but most specific attractions need to be paid for.
You can get to Brooklands on foot (15-20 minutes walk) or by taking buses 436 or 437 from Weybridge station.
Many charity shops offer low cost items for the less well off and bargin hunters.
- Hansa's Thai Kitchen, 125 Oatlands Drive, ☎ . Very nice Thai restaurant
- The Colony Chinese Restaurant.
- The Thai Garden Restaurant.
- The Gaylord, 73 Queens Road, ☎ . Indian restaurant with bargain prices
- The Percy Lambert, High Street..
- The Slug and Lettuce, High Street.
- The British Volunteer.
- Hand and Spear.
- The Ship Hotel.
- The Clock House, 242 Brooklands Road (Near Weybridge Station), ☎ .