Jump to navigation Jump to search
It is a popular place to start walking along the Goyt Valley.
- By rail on the line between Buxton and Manchester (timetable)
- By bus including the 199 Skyline bus running from Manchester Airport to Buxton (timetable)
- Car parking at Tom Brad's Croft near the Canal Basin.
- 1 Peak Forest Canal.
- Goyt Valley.
- 2 Toddbrook Reservoir. Site of Special Scientific Interest
- 3 Whaley Bridge Memorial Park. Recreational park
- 4 Roosdyche. complex of banks and ditches, probably formed through glacial melt but may also have some early human usage and modification.
Cafés and restaurants include:
- 1 Cock Inn, 22 Buxton Road, ☎ . Beer from Robinsons.
- 2 Memories of India, 37 Buxton Road. Indian restaurant
- 3 The Village Kitchen, 30 Market Street, ☎ .
- 4 Zayka, 29 Market Street, ☎ . An Indian restaurant in town centre
- 1 The Goyt, 8 Bridge Street, SK23 7LR, ☎ . Popular back-street local on Bridge Street with beers from the Punch Taverns range.
- 2 The Railway, 33-35 Market Street, SK23 7AA, ☎ . Beer from Robinsons. Function room. Live music & film showings.
- 3 [dead link] The White Hart, Market Street, SK23 7HN.
- 4 The Shepherd's Arms, SK23 7HR, 7 Old Road, ☎ . Very popular small traditional pub. Extensive range of beers from Marstons. Beer garden.
- 5 The White Horse, 141 Buxton Road, SK23 7HX, ☎ . At the south end of the town at the junction of the A5004 and B5470
- 6 The Shady Oak, Fernilee, ☎ . A Marston's country pub about 2 miles south of the town centre on the A5004 at Fernilee in the Goyt Valley. Food. Rooms. The start and end point of many good walks in the Goyt Valley.
- 1 [dead link] Kinrara Bed and Breakfast, Macclesfield Road, ☎ . With views over Toddbrook reservoir and the High Peak.
- 2 Springbank, 3 Reservoir Road, ☎ .
|Routes through Whaley Bridge|
|Manchester ← New Mills ←||NW SE||→ Buxton → Bakewell|