From the east follow the B3387 from Bovey Tracey through Haytor. From the south and west through Ponworthy.
Newton Abbot Community Transport 672 from Newton Abbot, Ashburton and Buckfastleigh once a week
- 1 St Pancras Church, TQ13 7TA, ☏ . Sometimes known as the Cathedral of the Moor.
- Widecombe Fair, Village green and Fair Field. Second Tuesday of September. All the trappings of a traditional country fair: livestock contests, vintage tractors, dog shows and a bail tossing competition. The fair has become famous thanks to a humorous folk song in which a group of local yokels ("Old Uncle Tom Cobley and all") borrow a lame old mare to ride to the fair, only for her to die of exhaustion on the moors. When performed right, it's funnier than it sounds. Free, but expect to pay for parking.
- 1 Wind Tor. At the south of Dunstone Down.
- 1 The Old Inn, TQ13 7TA, ☏ . noon-7:30PM except Su closes 4PM.
- 2 The Rugglestone Inn, TQ13 7TF, ☏ . A Grade II listed inn with a cosy bar and a stream running through the garden.
Haytor Vale to the east (follow the B3387).
Buckland in the Moor to the south.