Wikivoyage:Go-between reports/Japanese/Japanese Wikivoyage Report for 7 December 2005
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Originally from Project:7 December 2005
- That's excellent news. --(WT-en) Evan 10:32, 7 Dec 2005 (EST)
- I suppose this is as good a time as any for a go-between report. So yeah, ja-Wikivoyage is growing slowly but steadily, mostly thanks to the efforts of a small core of regulars (notably the indefatigable Shoestring-san). Core policy pages have been translated, although there remain gaps in the less commonly accessed stuff, while templates have also been fought over but are now pretty much agreed on.
- Coveragewise, stubs for all countries and Japan's prefectures have been auto-generated a while ago, while the 500 article limit was breached today when stubs were created for all prefectural capitals. In-depth content pages remain few and far between, but there are a few showcase articles and even some of Japan's cities, like a few districts of Tokyo, are starting to become useful.
- In all, it would be a stretch to call ja-Wikivoyage genuinely useful, but it's grown from a baby into an infant and has potential to become a hyperactive kindergartener within another half a year or so. Ganbare, Wikivoyage-chan! (WT-en) Jpatokal 11:15, 7 Dec 2005 (EST)
- BEST. GO-BETWEEN REPORT. EVAR. Thank you so much for this. --(WT-en) Evan 11:34, 7 Dec 2005 (EST)