Wikivoyage:Go-between reports/Swedish/Swedish Wikivoyage Report for 22 January 2006
This is a go-between report from Swedish Wikivoyage
Progress in general
- 1 administrator (sysop)
- Approx. 5 new logged in contributors
- Approx. 5 anonymous contributors
Focus since last report
- New templates, for example templates for country and city articles
- New Wikivoyage-templates, such as templates for the welcoming of new users, and spam or sabotage/vandalism warnings
- New translation and adaption of 36 meta articles, including an index over meta articles (copied from en:).
- Development of a series of templates, fr example welcome templates, spam warning templates, etc.
Focus during the next month
- Further translation and adaption of meta pages
- Careful marketing of the site - at the moment, we feel that we are not quite ready to accept an abundance of users, we want to produce more basic information, such as meta, first.
- Special pages, which our admins cannot edit, must undergo an audit in order to make sure that they are correctly and fully translated. Today, this is not the case. Is it possible for us to undertake such edit work ourselves, or do we have to send the proposed changes to you?
- The new message indication feature must be put into service. The more users we have, the more important it will be to reach people and be sure that they get a message.
- The e-mail feature seems to be broken and must be fixed.
During christmas and new year's, we all felt a bit overwhelmed with what we had taken on! However, thanks to the increased interest, and regular contact between the major contributors, we all felt that things were starting to develop. We plan to continue as mentioned above, but we prefer to move slowly and carefully rather than charge forward, all blind-folded only to find that we have to do some major revamps to bad work. We have formed an informal task force consisting of users Adestro, Akteacher and Riggwelter. Our goal is to get the site so complete that new users want to start to edit and can find all the information needed to do so.
Comments (from en:)
A couple of responses. First, I'm excited to see that sv: is so re-invigorated. Thanks to everyone for their great work.
Also, this is a fantastic go-between report.
Some details: new message notification on Wikivoyage has been off for about 15 months. All the other Wikivoyage language versions manage. I can push it up to a higher priority on my todo list, but I don't think it's a must-have.
Also, the best way to fix interface messages is to send them to me. I'm also experimenting with making it possible to edit the interface stuff through Special:Allmessages, as on Wikimedia sites; I think it's probably a good idea for newly-started language versions. Hopefully I'll have this going soon, and admins on sv: can edit the messages.
Anyways, keep up the good work. --(WT-en) Evan 17:34, 22 Jan 2006 (EST)
- Evan, it would be very nice if the new message notification (eh, I think I better start to refer to it as NMN...) could get going again. As we said before: we see NMN as an important tool in the process of reaching out to new users, anonymous or not, and at the moment, we are really keen to get new people on board. One can always argue that checking the talk page for new messages is like checking ones e-mail, but...no, it is not really the best way to do it. In other words - we'd love it if the issue could get a higher priority. As for interface messages: thee first proposed changes are on their way to you via e-mail. I just need to hear (WT-en) Adestro's opinion first. (WT-en) Riggwelter 02:05, 25 Jan 2006 (EST)