Wikivoyage is a growing concern – as a project and as a travel guide. This page is for recording some milestones in Wikivoyage's history (or future), and for setting up some milestones along the way of where we want to go. It's for gauging our progress, looking forward and looking back.
Figures below refer only to the English version of Wikivoyage. See Multilingual statistics to track totals across all language versions.
- December 10, 2006. Wikivoyage (German version) launched
- August 23, 2012. Project accepted by the Wikimedia community
- November 10, 2012. Project launched on Wikimedia servers (in beta)
- January 15, 2013. Official opening
- February 21, 2013. Tourist Office launched
- March 26, 2013. New Main Page implemented
- June 17, 2013. Site-wide implementation of banners
- First newspaper article about Wikivoyage
- Travel Site Built on Wiki Ethos Now Bedevils Its Owner, New York Times 9 September 2012.
- First mention in the fake news
- Skift: Jimmy Wales talks Wikivoyage on the Colbert Report 9 January 2013.
- Page view statistics
- All language versions of Wikivoyage