1 Wilmslow station has an hourly service to and from London Euston together with frequent trains to Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Airport. Additionally there is a regular service to South Wales via Crewe, Shrewsbury and Hereford.
Wilmslow is by passed-by the A34 from Manchester to Congleton; it is also on the A538 from Altrincham.
- St Bartholomew's Church
- Dean Row Chapel
- 1 Lindow Moss. Lindow Moss' origins go back to the last Ice Age. When the glaciers were melting the gravel sand and clay was carried from the Pennines and deposited on the Cheshire plains. Lindow Man, also known as Pete Marsh, is the name given to the naturally-preserved bog body of a Late Iron Age man, discovered in Lindow Moss peat bog (on the Mobberley side of the border with Wilmslow) on 1 August 1984 by commercial peat-cutters.
- 2 Quarry Bank Mill & Styal Estate, Styal, Wilmslow, SK9 4LA, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. National Trust museum with working examples of milling equipment.
- See also Manchester Airport for hotels just north of Wilmslow, especially those at M56 junction 6 with Wilmslow Rd.
- Premier Inn Manchester Wilmslow, Racecourse Rd, SK9 5LR, ☏ .
- Wilmslow Lodge (at The Coach & Four), 69-71 Alderley Rd, ☏ .
In March 2011 there were 124 crimes and incidents of anti-social behaviour, resulting in a crime rate of 7.08 per 1000 people, which is on a par with the rest of England and Wales. 43 of these crimes (just under a third) were anti-social related. Some of the pubs on Friday and Saturday nights are very popular, especially with young people, and incidents can occur.
|Routes through Wilmslow|
|Central Manchester ← Cheadle ←||N S||→ Congleton → Stoke-on-Trent|