Winfield is served by two US highways: US 160, which runs east-west, and US 77, which runs north-south. US 160 meets up with Interstate 35 south of Wichita. US 77 meets up with Interstate 35 just north of Wichita.
- Strother Field is a general aviation airport in Winfield. Phone: 316-221-7055.
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (IATA: ICT), 52 miles west, is the only major airport in the area.
For the most part, Winfield is arranged in a grid around the two highways that intersect inside the city.
- Walnut Valley Music Festival. A bluegrass music festival held annually in Winfield. The WVF is well known for its picking and fiddling contests. The next festival will be September 12–16, 2007. Adult tickets range from $18-$80, depending on the number of days you wish to attend and how early you buy the tickets. Children ages 6-11 can get in for $5 at the door, and children under age 6 are admitted free.
- Island Park. At the north end of the city. It can be a good place for rest stops or picnics.
Along highway 77, there are a couple of grocery and retail stores side by side with a gas station in the parking lot. This makes a good stopping place for travelers.
- [dead link]Super 8 Motel Winfield, 3803 South Pike Rd, ☎ .