Workum is a town in Friesland.
Workum is one of the original eleven Frisian Cities after which the most popular Dutch ice skating event Elfstedentocht (eleven city tour) is named. However in comparison to other cities in the region it is considered to be more of a town nowadays. It's much quieter than its neighbours Sneek and Harlingen.
Like other cities with a similar fate as Workum such as Stavoren, which once used to be a rich Hanseatic city, Workum does not have a direct connection to a highway. Instead, take the A7 in the direction of Sneek. When coming from the Afsluitdijk, leave the A7 at Bolsward, shortly before Sneek. When coming from the south or east, i.e. not using the Afsluitdijk, use the A6 or A32 to connect to the A7. Head for Sneek, followed by Bolsward. Exit the highway at Bolsward in the direction of Workum. After the bend in the N359, look for an intersection with a right turn leading to Workum. You will be lead directly into the city from here.
Workum is very small in area, it is easiest to explore it by foot. Within an hour or two you will have seen most of the city.
- 1 Jopie Huisman Museum, Noard 6, 8711 AH, ☏ , email@example.com. 13:00-17:00. Aduts €9.00 Children (4-12yrs) €5.20.
- 2 Grote- of St Gertrudiskerk, Merk 5, 8711 CL.
- 3 Museum Warkums Erfskip, Merk 4, 8711 CL, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Adults €5.00 Children (-12 yrs) €3.00.
- 2 Camping Welgelegen, Lange Leane 11, 8711 HK, ☏ .
- 3 Camping Sudersé, Slinkewei 8, 8711 HC, ☏ .
- 4 Camping It Soal, Suderséleane 29, 8711 GX, ☏ , email@example.com.