Once a border fortress, the city of Wschowa  is now a Polish destination known for its historic heritage. Located in the Lubuskie Voivodship, this place has seen a turbulent history. Despite multiple attacks during the Polish Campaign in 1939, much of the pretty old town centre remains and monumental buildings are all around.
The closest international airports are Poznań–Ławica Airport (IATA: POZ) and Wrocław–Copernicus Airport (IATA: WRO). By road, Wschowa is well reachable via national road 12, connecting the city directly to Leszno and Glogow. The town also has a train station.
The town centre has several interesting historic sights, varying from 15th century ramparts to baroque buildings and churches. Some good examples include:
Town Hall, Rynek 1. The oldest visible parts of this building, especially the tower, originate in the 16th century. Most of the brick exteriors were however added around 1860 and created after the latest neo-Romanesque fashion. Inside, it has a much older late-Gothic vault.
Monastery of the order of St. Francis. This monastery is located just outside the old town and was originally built by the order of the St. Bernardyns. It was burned to the ground at least twice. The current structure originates in the 17th century. Today, it is in the hands of Franciscan monks. It houses a church dedicated to St. Jozef and a chapel. There's also a pleasant, walled monastery yard.
City walls. The city ramparts were built as early as the 14th century, but repeatedly rebuilt and restored in the ages that followed.
Zamek Królewski (Royal Castle), Plac Zamkowy 7, ☎ . This castle style hotel has only some 21 beds.
Bajka Hotel, ul. Boh. Westerplatte 21, ☎ .