The farm was established in 1963 to provide employment for retired servicemen.
Flora and fauna
From Yilan: There are two Kuo-Kuang buses per day from Yilan to Wuling Farm (the Yilan to Lishan bus with a stop at Wuling Farm). The morning bus departs Yilan at 07:30 and arrives at Wuling Farm at 10:30. The afternoon bus departs Yilan at 12:40 and arrives at Wuling Farm at 15:40.
From Taipei: E-go Bus (Chinese only) from Taipei Main Station to Wuling Farm.
Fees and permits
- Wuling Farm Entrance Fees (Taiwan summer and winter holidays are peak-seasons):
- Adults: Peak-season NT$160, Off-season NT$130
- Senior citizens over 65 years old: NT$80
- Civil servants, military personnel, and student: Peak-season NT$130, Off-season NT$100
- Children (below 12 years old): NT$80
- Group of 30 and above: Peak-season NT$130, Off-season NT$100
- Veterans, handicapped, children under 6 years old: NT$10
- Vehicles: Large NT$80, Small NT$50, Motorcycle NT$10
- Farm Cultural Museum.
- Taoshan Waterfall.
- Taiwan Salmon Observatory Deck.
- Tea Saloon.
Hike Xueshan (Snow Mountain, Syue Mountain, Xue Mountain, Hsuehshan, 雪山) - At 3,886 meters, Xueshan is Taiwan's second highest mountain. In order to hike, you need two separate permits - a National Park Headquarters Park Entry Permit and a National Police Agency Mountain Entry Permit (Chinese only). There is no charge for either permit.
- Wuling Tea - Wuling tea is produced in the eastern slope of Syueshan Mountain in Shei-Pa National Park and is cultivated at high elevation of 2,000 meters.
- Wuling Hotel Restaurant
- Wuling Farm Campground - Snacks and beverages
- Wuling Hotel.
- Leisure Farm Villa.
- Shanshui Villa.
There are monkeys that can be aggressive at Wuling Farm Campground.