Wuzhou (梧州; Wúzhōu) is a small city in Central Guangxi at the conjunction of Li River and Xijiang River.
Wuzhou's new airport, Wuzhou Xijiang Airport, is now open.
Buses to Wuzhou are available from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport. The fare is ¥130 and the journey time is about 210 minutes.
- 1 Wuzhou Station (梧州站), 168 Hubin Road, Changzhou District (长洲区湖滨路168号). Serves K and T series trains.
- 2 Wuzhou South Station (梧州南站), Zhanqian Road, Longxu District (龙圩区站前路). Serves high-speed trains.
- 3 Jinhui Wuzhou Bus Station (金晖梧州汽车站), 5 Hongling Road, Changzhou District (长洲区红岭路5号). Wuzhou's main bus station.
China National Highway 207 China National Highway 321
- 1 Arcade Town (骑楼城 Qílóuchéng), Wanxiu District (万秀区) (There are several bus stops in the area. The one with the most routes is the Zhongshan Road bus stop, which is served by bus routes 2, 7, 13, 16, 28, 46, 48 and 520). Open all day.. Consists of 22 streets filled with arcade-style buildings (known in Chinese as qílóu 骑楼), which are noteworthy for their blend of Chinese and foreign designs. The buildings generally date from the late 19th century to the early 20th century, with the peak period of construction being in the 1920s and 1930s, particularly after a fire destroyed much of the old city in 1924. Free.
- 2 Dragon Mother Temple (龙母太庙 Lóngmǔ Tài Miào), 75 Guilin Road, Wanxiu District (万秀区桂林路75号) (The closest bus stop to the entrance is the No. 8 High School (八中) bus stop, which is served by tourist bus 18, as well as bus nos. 19 and 28), ☏ . 09:00-17:00. A dragon mother temple, north of the arcade town and west of White Cloud Mountain. Features a colossal statue. ¥28.
- 3 White Cloud Mountain (白云山 Báiyūn Shān, Baiyun Mountain), 121 Baiyun Road, Chengbei Subdistrict, Wanxiu District (万秀区城北街道白云路121号) (Take bus no. 19, 28 or tourist bus 18 and get off at White Cloud Mountain Park), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 07:00-18:00. A mountain to the north of the arcade town and east of the Dragon Mother Temple. Worth the climb. Free.
- 4 Zhongshan Park (中山公园 Zhōngshān Gōngyuán), 1 Wenhua Road, Wanxiu District (万秀区文化路1号) (North of the Arcade Town. South of the Dragon Mother Temple.), ☏ , . Park opening hours: 07:00-18:30, Memorial hall opening hours: 09:00-17:00, closed on Mondays. Dedicated to the founder of China's first republic, Sun Yat-sen (Sun Zhongshan). There is a Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall (中山纪念堂 Zhōngshān Jìniàntáng) in the centre of the park, which was completed in 1930, making it one of the first Sun Yat-sen memorial halls to be completed in China following Sun's death in 1925 (it claims to be the first, but in fact there is one in Guangdong's Dabu County, which is one year older). Free.
Zhu Hill Park (珠山公园 Zhūshān Gōngyuán), also known as the Zhu Hill (or Zhushan) Scenic Area (珠山景区 Zhūshān Jǐngqū), lies in the central part of the city, on the west bank of the Gui River. The Wuzhou Museum is there, along with several notable historic sites. Visitors to the park have a choice of either walking up the hill or taking the elevator on Daxue Road (大学路). The eastern part of the park is officially known as Hebin Park (河滨公园 Hébīn Gōngyuán).
- Crane Hill Tower (鹤岗楼 Hè Gǎng Lóu), Zhushan Park, Wanxiu District (万秀区珠山公园内) (Opposite the former British Consulate). 08:00-17:30. A modern reconstruction of a historic tower. The top of the tower has good views of the Gui River. Free.
- 5 Former British Consulate (英领事署旧址 Yīng Lǐngshìshǔ Jiùzhǐ), Zhushan Park, Wanxiu District (万秀区珠山公园内) (Follow the road east from the Wuzhou Museum and the former site of the Alliance Bible Institute. Then enter Hebin Park. You will find the consulate building to your left). Tuesday to Friday: 09:00-11:30 & 14:30-17:00, Weekends: 09:00-17:00, Mondays: Closed. In 1897, British imperialists declared the entire hill to be the sovereign territory of Great Britain and built this consulate upon the hill. The consulate was abandoned about 30 years later when a campaign of civil resistance compelled the British to leave. Today the former consulate is a museum. There is a stone monument outside the building, which commemorates the return of the hill to Chinese sovereignty. Free.
- 6 Former Site of Alliance Bible Institute (建道圣经学院旧址 Jiàndào Shēngjīng Xuéyuàn Jiùzhǐ), Zhushan Park, Wanxiu District (万秀区珠山公园内) (This is the first historic building you will find after visiting the Wuzhou Museum). The building is normally closed but it may be possible to enter when religious services are being held: 09:00-10:30 on Wednesday, 09:00-10:30 & 14:30-16:00 on Saturday, and 15:30-17:00 on Sunday. The Alliance Bible Institute is a Christian school founded by an American missionary at this site in 1899. The school continued to operate at this site until 1949 when it relocated to Hong Kong. Today the building is the property of the Wuzhou Christian Association, which holds regular church services here. Free.
- 7 White Crane Temple (白鹤观 Bái Hè Guān), 1 Yuanjiang Road, Wanxiu District (万秀区鸳江路1号) (The temple is near the bottom of the hill and close to the river bank. You may also enter the temple from Yuanjiang Road), ☏ . 08:30-17:00. Said to be one of the best preserved traditional Taoist temples in Guangxi. It was originally established in the 8th century AD, but of course has been rennovated several times since then. ¥5.
- 8 Wuzhou Museum (梧州市博物馆 Wúzhōu Shì Bówùguǎn), Zhushan Park, Wanxiu District (万秀区珠山公园内) (The museum is the first building you will come to if you take the elevator.), ☏ . Tuesday to Friday: 09:00-11:30 & 14:30-17:00, Weekends: 09:00-17:00, Mondays: Closed. Wuzhou's main museum. Information is mostly in Chinese, though you will see some English when you get to the exhibition on the Arcade Town. Free.
- Cool Heart Falls (爽心瀑布 Shuāngxīn Pùbù), Lizhai Village, Langnan Town, Teng County (藤县埌南镇黎寨村) (Take a long-distance bus to Langnan Town (埌南镇), then hire a taxi or other local transport to take you the remaining 12 km.). The waterfall is located about 42 km away from Teng County's county seat and 60 km from Wuzhou's main urban area.
It is famous for Beggar's Chicken (Wuzhou Jiaohuaji), a stuffed and roasted bird with soy and ginger. Various versions of the recipe are found all over Eastern China.
- Turtle Jelly. Very bitter but very popular
- Infused Baijiu. There is a small hidden infused baijiu shop north of the Century Square. It's hard to find but cheap and delicious
- Wuzhou New Century Hotel (梧州新世纪大酒店), 8 Zhongshan Road (Zhongshan Lu). Daily rates starts from ￥138.