Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yeongcheon is in North Gyeongsang.
Yeongcheon has its own railway station which is on the Jungang Line and Daegu Line.
From Seoul, drive along the Gyeongbu Expressway for around 350 km.
- 1 Eunhaesa, 479 Chiil-ri, Cheongtong-myeon (catch a bus from Yeongcheon bus station), ☎ . Literally meaning "Temple of the Silver Sea", the interior is as beautiful as its name. Eunhaesa was originally built in 809 during the reign of the Silla Kingdom. ₩3,000 entrance fee.
- Yeongcheon Public Market, 982-3 Wansan-dong (10 minute walk from Seodaemun Prison), ☎ . A traditional Korean-style market selling fresh food, medicinal herbs, groceries as well as local arts and crafts. It is primarily for the locals so it is a challenge for English speakers to get by. Try the twisted bread sticks and gomtang soup.
- Seafood King Soup, 158 Hoguk-Ro, ☎ . Fresh seafood that comes out of the aquarium. Includes shellfish, abalone, octopus and squid.
- 1 Gwiae Traditional House, 37-17 Gwiho 1(il)-gil, Hwanam-myeon, ☎ . Free private parking and free WiFi
- 2 Lime Motel, 496 Geumho-ro Geumho-eup, ☎ . Check-in: 6PM.