Yixing, Jiangsu Province, is a county-level city with a population of 1.1 million (2020). Yixing City is an international eco-tourism city in the Yangtze River Delta urban agglomeration, and a regional central city at the junction of Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui.
Yixing City is at the southwest end of Jiangsu Province and the center of the Shanghai-Nanjing-Hangzhou Triangle. It is connected to the Taihu Lake in Suzhou to the east, Changxing County of Zhejiang Province to the southeast, and Anhui Province to the southwest. Guangde City borders Liyang City to the west, Jintan District of Changzhou to the northwest, and Wujin District of Changzhou to the north.
The terrain of Yixing City is high in the south and low in the north, with low mountains and hills in the southwest. The highest peak in the city is the top of the Yellow Tower, with an altitude of 611.5 meters. Yixing City has a subtropical monsoon climate, with high temperatures throughout the year, normal precipitation, and normal sunshine.
Yixing has a long history, with a history of more than 7,000 years of pottery making and more than 2,200 years of county founding. Our ancestors were hardworking and simple, leaving behind many cultural relics. The Xixi site in Xushe Town is a large-scale settlement during the Majiabang Culture period. It reflects the peaceful and natural life of our ancestors who worked at sunrise and rested at sunset six or seven thousand years ago. In 2002, it was listed as one of China's six major archaeological discoveries.
The distances between Yixing and international airports in this area are:
Hongqiao International Airport 190 km, 2-hour-drive;
Pudong International Airport, PVG IATA 242 km, 2.5-hour-drive;
Lukou International Airport 108 km, 1.5-hour-drive;
Xiaoshan International Airport 180 km, 2-hour-drive;
Sunan Shuofang International Airport 95 km, 1-hour-drive.
Pudong is a major hub with international flights going all over the world. Nanjing and Hangzhou also have some long-range flights. Hongqiao and Wuxi serve mainly domestic flights plus a few to nearby Asian countries.
The bullet trains on the Nanjing–Hangzhou Intercity Railway route now connect Yixing to those two cities.
- 1 Yixing Railway Station (宜兴站), Zhanqian Avenue, Meiyuan Village, Dingshu Town (丁蜀镇梅园村站前大道) (bus nos. 1, 24, 25, 103, 104, 107, 109, 114, 109, 115, 116, 117, 152, 153, 154, 157, 182, 183, 201, 202, 215, 220, 242, 245, 396, and 801). Yixing Railway Station is a second-class station under the jurisdiction of China Railway Shanghai Bureau Group Co., Ltd. and is the intermediate station of the Nanjing-Hangzhou High-speed Railway.
Expressways connect Yixing with all main cities in the Yangtze Delta. There are two main routes, the Nanjing-Shanghai Expressway and Nanjing-Hangzhou Expressway.
There are buses to most major cities nearby -
- 1 Yixing Ceramics Museum (宜兴陶瓷博物馆), 150 Dingshan North Road, Dingshu Town (丁蜀镇丁山北路150号) (bus nos. 152, 201, 245, 249), ☏ . Tu-Su 08:30-17:00, M 13:30-17:00, no entry in last 60 minutes, closed on the first Monday of each month. Free.
- 1 Longchi Mountain Scenic Area (龙池山风景区, 龙池山自行车公园 Longchishan Bicycle Park), Shengzhuang Village, Zhangzhu Town (张渚镇省庄村) (bus nos. 229 and 801), ☏ . Apr-Jun and Sep-Oct: 08:00-17:00; rest of the year: 08:00-16:30;. Longchi Mountain Scenic Area is a nature reserve where precious tree species grow, including golden pine and magnolia magnolia, which are unique to China. Longchi Mountain is also a Buddhist holy place. General entry is free; charges apply if you wish to ride on the sightseeing car or hire a bicycle, scooter or other vehicle.
- 2 Yixing Bamboo Sea Scenic Area (宜兴竹海风景区), Zhuhai Village, Hufu Town (湖滏镇竹海村) (31 km southwest of Yixing City; bus nos. 201, 373, 375, 801 and the Hufu Tourist Bus), ☏ , . 08:00-16:30, no tickets sold after 16:00. Yixing Bamboo Sea Scenic Area is a national AAAA tourist area, a national scenic spot, a provincial forest park, one of the Eighteen Scenic Spots in Wuxi, and one of the top ten scenic spots in Yixing. ¥78.
Yixing is famous for stoneware, especially teapots, made from the local clay.
- Wuxi Yixing Hotel — Yixing Hotel is a three-star foreign tourist hotel. It has standard rooms, single rooms, standard suites and high-end luxury suites. The environment is quiet and spring-like all year round. The parking lot is wide and easy to enter and exit. It is an ideal place for leisure, business, tourism, conference and other guests.