Yumani is a village near the southern end of Isla del Sol in Lake Titicaca, Bolivia. It has by far the best infrastructure on the island, and is where mostly people choose to stay overnight, -if they don't visit only for a daytrip, that is.
- Walk in from the north end of the island (Challapampa). The walk is better in this direction as you get the sun in your back. Slightly more difficult though, because of the climb.
- Boat twice a day to/from Copacabana and Challapampa. Bs. 15-20.
- Charter a boat to get across to Yampupata, then walk back to Copacabana. 100 Bs non-negotiable (the boatmen are watching each other) at the pier, for up to 7 persons. Lower prices can be had in the village, -ask at your hostal. A short stop at Pilko Kaina can be arranged.
- Inca staircase.
- Inca Fountain.
Many eateries charging about Bs. 30 for a dinner.
- Las Velas (The Candles), Yumani, Isla del Sol, Bolivia (Follow the signs through the Eucalyptus trees at the top of the Inca Stairs), ☎ . Hard to find but worth the walk. Serves Trout, Filet Mignon and the best Vegetarian Pizza I've had in South America. The food doesn't get made until it's ordered, so It's recommended you have a few drinks while you wait. There is no electricity so the place is candle lit in the evening. Amazing sunsets from here as well. The owner will walk you back to the main area of Yumani by flashlight if needed. 30-50 B pp (without drinks).
Most basic lodgings now charge Bs. 25-30 pp with shared bath and breakfast extra.
- Hostal Templo del Sol. It's situated in an uninviting building at the top of the town, but it has excellent views of the lake and the Cordillera Real. Rooms are basic. The shared bathroom has an electrical heated shower. The price is Bs.15 per person.
- Hostal Puerta del Sol, Yumani, Isla del Sol, La Paz, Bolivia (walk up the inca stairs until you reach the very top), ☎ . This place has an amazing view and great sunsets on the Peru side of Lake Titicaca, but make sure you bring your own lock for your room as there has been reports of stolen items from locked rooms using the locks the hostel provides. Bs. 30 pp.
- There's both internet (at 12 Bs an hour!) and telephones available.