The closest airport is near Lublin (LUZ IATA, about 40 km from Zamość), serving connections to London (Stansted and Luton), Oslo-Torp Sandefjord, Milano-Malpensa, Eindhoven (Netherlands), Dublin and Liverpool with low-cost airline carriers.
Further away there are two other international airports in Rzeszow (120 km) and Warsaw (230 km). The latter is a major flight hub, with numerous domestic and international connections, and its full name is the Frédéric Chopin Airport.
The 1 Zamość railway station is of relatively minor importance. There is only one long-distance train daily, the TLK Hetman, which does a very long loop from Zamość to Poznań in 16 hours, through in. al. Kraków (7 hours from Zamość), Katowice (9.5 hours) and Wrocław (15.5 hours). There are also local REGIO trains to Krasnystaw, Chełm and Lublin. The latter is the regional capital and railway hub, where one can change to trains for other major cities. The REGIO takes about 2 hours to travel between Zamość and Lublin. There are five trains in each direction daily and the tickets are about 15 zł one way.
If traveling from Rzeszów there is one direct train a day, running in the evening for about 42zł one way. The ride takes about 3 hours.
You can easily get there by car from Lublin via E372.
Since the city center is rather small, the most convenient way to get around is to walk.
- 1 Town Hall. One of the most beautiful Renaissance town halls in Europe.
- 2 Market square. Surrounded by historical colourful houses.
- 3 Cathedral of the Resurrection and St. Thomas the Apostle.
- 4 Franciscan Church.
- 5 Synagogue (Synagoga).
- 6 Szczebrzeszyn Gate (Brama Szczebrzeska).
- 7 New Lublin Gate (Nowa Brama Lubelska).
- 1 Hostel Zamość, Szczebrzeska 9 (near the zoo on the opposite side of the street), ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 2 Gościniec Kanclerz, Partyzantów 6, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A small hotel with 7 rooms with individual bathrooms.