- 1 Zhangjiakou Ningyuan Airport (ZQZ IATA) (is 9 km from the city). Served by a few domestic destinations, mainly Shijiazhuang as well as Guangzhou, Shanghai and Xiamen.
It is connected to Beijing, the rest of Hebei and Shanxi by the Xuanda and Jingzhang expressways, and Inner Mongolia by National Highway 207.
In December 2019, a high speed rail link from Beijing North Station was completed and entered operation, in preparation for Zhangjiakou's co-hosting of the 2022 Winter Olympics. The high-speed rail line continues on to Hohhot and Botou in Inner Mongolia. The high-speed line has cut travel times from Beijing North Station to Zhangjiakou from approximately 4 hours to just 47 minutes. Tickets cost approximately ¥80 (May 2020).
There are also still the slow trains which come from the Beijing Main Railway station, via the Beijing-Baotou conventional railway.
- 2 Taizicheng Railway Station (太子城站), Taizicheng Village, Chongli District (崇礼区太子城村) (take Chongli Bus 10 to get here from Chongli District's urban area; free shuttle buses are available for passengers travelling between the station and any of the major ski resorts). This is the closest station to the ski resorts and the Olympic Village.
- 3 Zhangjiakou Railway Station (张家口站), 11 Zhanqian West Street, Qiaodong District (桥东区站前西大街11号) (bus nos. 1, 10, 11, 33, 39, 106, 108, 109, 902, k1 and k3). Zhangjiakou's main central railway station. The station serves both high-speed trains and regular-speed trains.
- 1 Dajing Gate (大境门), Intersection of Mingde North Road and Zhenggou Street, Qiaoxi District (桥西区明德北路与正沟街交叉口) (bus nos. 16, 32 (Nantianmen route), 32 (Shaodaogou route), 32 (Zhenggou route); the visitor center and ticket office are on the north side of the gate), ☏ . As of April 2021, the site is temporarily closed. Normal opening hours are 08:00-18:00. A gate in the Great Wall, famous for its dangerous terrain. In ancient China, Zhangjiakou was a ghetto of several ethnic groups near the Mongolia Grassland, a place of military importance. It also plays an important part in the transportation and trade between Han and Mongolia people. The unique geographical location turns to beautiful landscape. Man of letters in ancient times were attracted to the gate. ¥10.
- 2 Zhangjiakou Museum (张家口市博物馆), 14 Dongxing Street, Qiaodong District (桥东区东兴街14号) (bus nos. 5, 9 and 12), ☏ . 09:00-11:00, 14:30-16:30, closed on Mondays. A comprehensive museum about the city of Zhangjiakou. In the courtyard stands a monument dedicated to Chinese and allied soldiers who died during World War II. Free.
- 1 Cuiyunshan International Resort (翠云山国际旅游度假区), Chema Road, Xiwanzi Town, Chongli District (崇礼区西湾子镇东马线) (take the free shuttle bus from Taizicheng Railway Station or take Chongli Bus 3 from Chongli Bus Station), toll-free: . Open November 7th to March 14th; 08:30-16:30.
- 2 Genting Resort Secret Garden (密苑云顶乐园), Wutong Avenue, Taizicheng, Chongli District (崇礼区太子城梧桐大道) (take the free shuttle bus from Taizicheng Railway Station; alternatively take Chongli Bus 10 from Chongli Bus Station), ☏ , , toll-free: . 08:45-16:30. Includes Genting Snow Park (云顶滑雪公园), which is one of the venues for the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics.
- 3 Wanlong Paradise Resort (万龙度假天堂), Chongli District (崇礼区) (adjacent to the northwest side of Genting Resort Secret Garden; take the free shuttle bus from Taizicheng Railway Station), ☏ , , , toll-free: . Open November 8th to April 30th; 08:00-16:30 (Sunday to Friday), 08:00-17:00 (Saturday).