Zhaoqing (肇庆; Zhàoqìng) is a city near Guangzhou in Guangdong Province in China. It is famous for its fresh air and the surrounding environment. Having direct buses and trains from Hong Kong and Macao makes it a good 'entry point' when first traveling to China, as Zhaoqing is much smaller than Guangzhou of Shenzen.
Get in[edit source]
By plane[edit source]
By bus[edit source]
Buses from Guangzhou leave frequently. You can catch them from Yuexuenan (越秀南) or from the bus terminal near the train station. The downtown bus terminal is at the intersection of Duanzhou 4th Rd and Wenming Rd. Buses to Kaiping also leave there. Buses from Hong Kong/Macao arrive near by on Duanzhou 4th Rd.
Get around[edit source]
Various city buses from RMB2 to RMB4 are running.
- Bus 12 links city train station and main bus station
- Bus 21 goes to the Dinghu Shan reserve from the main bus station
- Qixingyan Garden (七星岩公园; Qīxīngyán GongYuan ; Seven star crags park). Surrounding a beautiful lake. There are also some temples and pagodas.
- Yuejianglou (阅江楼; Yuèjiānglóu). Ancient mansion that served as the headquarters of the fourth revolutionary army.
- The leaning pagoda. Not as steep as Pisa but not straight either.
- Water and Light diplay (音乐喷泉). every day at 8PM, in the lake opposite to the big plaza at the end of Tianning rd. (天宁路）。a big fountain with songs.
- Sharon White Mother Temple (白沙龙母庙). White Dragon Temple in Duanzhou District in the western suburbs of turtle mountain east, South West, Jianyu Ming Wanli fifteen years (1587). The temple is the only church, Dragon Pavilion and the part, the" eight Zhaoqing roof turtle song Yin" and" white moon" not far from the temple. Dragon Pavilion building area of 28 square meters, blue glazed tile Xieshan Ding, column inscribed " book gives Long Zhangen the country; inscriptions parent Deze Pei Chinese" poetic couplet; the only remaining Dongxiang, an area of 56 square meters. The temple of Zhaoqing city in 1984 was classified as heritage conservation units.
- Piyun House (披云楼). Located in the Duanzhou District People's Road West of Duanzhou ancient city wall, built in the Northern Song Dynasty politics and three years (1118 AD), a three-storey building, was built as a lookout.
- Ling Hill Fort (羚山炮台). Buck hill fort in Duanzhou east outskirt, Xijiang Antelope Canyon entrance north of antelope hills. Founded in 1920, is it Luo Yang playing Lin Hu in Zhaoqing built by one of the seven fort.
- Baogong temple (包公祠). Zhaoqing Bao temple is located west of Zhaoqing, is an imitation of buildings, except the church, mountain door, and hall, East, West Peidian, bell tower, Drum Tower, pavilion, corridor, such as well, covers an area of 11500 square meters, and other Baogong compared, its size at the forefront, but also reflects the ridge South ancient architectural features and style.
- Dinghu shan (鼎湖山). about 20 kilometers northeast from the city. a protected reserve, has nice walking paths through temples, trees, waterfalls and pools. beware, can be packed on holidays. To get there you can take the local bus no. 15 from Tianning rd. (天宁路) - the bus heading south.
- Street Market, Wenming rd, (文明路）. a street market, mostly clothing and footwear.
- Lakeside mall (湖滨商场).
- OYC. Alternatively classified as 5-star, 6-star or 7-star depending on what brochure you read, this luxury resort, on the side of "Seven Star Crags" lake, has a very large series of artificial hot springs in the basement. Mostly frequented by rich Chinese. ¥1,000 (basic);¥100,000 (presidential).
- Zhang Shan Hotel (江山大酒店; Jiāngshān Dàjiǔdiàn), 40 Jianshe Road (建设路40号; Jiànshèlù). Doubles for ¥90 and tripples for ¥120
Go next[edit source]
- Deqing County, Guangdong
- Guangning County
- Sihui, Guangdong
- Kaiping, a good base for visiting the diaolou-towers