Zhongwei (中卫; Zhōngwèi) is a city in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Zhongwei Railway Station is on North Street.
- Beijing - takes about 24 hours
- Guyuan - takes about 4 hours
- Lanzhou - takes about 6 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 20 hours
- Xian - takes about 13 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 3 hours
Long Distance Bus Station is on East Street.
- Lanzhou - takes about 6-7 hours
- Yinchuan - takes about 2-3 hours
- Xian - takes about 12-14 hours
- Gaomiao Temple. Multichambered Chinese version of Hell.
- Shapotou. 沙坡头, Resort situated between sand and water, Shapotou Desert Research Center. Tourist area combines Tenggeli desert, Yellow River, mountain and oasis. Tickets ¥90 for park entrance, you then have to pay more if you want to do the attraction. You can choose a lot of activities in the tourist area - ride a camels, drift Yellow river...(extra tickets).
- Cultural & Sports Complex. there is a museum to the south of the city across the river, but it is currently closed. The area around it has a library, sports arena, cinema and a cultural centre.
- Changtan Village. Visit the working 18th century waterwheel at Changtan village then go whitewater rafting down the Yellow River to Shapatou.
There are a number of budget restaurants near Gaomiao Temple for you to choose from, some of which may look awful but serve reasonable food. Zhongwei is a Muslim city so pork is hard to find. Also, most people eat noodles instead of rice.
- Zhongying Hotel (Zhongying Jiudian), Guluo South Street, ☎ , fax: .
- Yixing Hotel (Yixing Binguan), 2 Guluo North Street, ☎ , fax: .
- Zhuoyue Hotel (Zhuoyue Dajiudian), Guluo East Road, ☎ , fax: .
- Zhongwei Hotel (Zhongwei Dajiudian), 53 Guluo North Street, ☎ , fax: .
- Tengger Desert - one and multi-day trips into the desert can be arranged.